This event is open to representatives of the private sector and of partner organizations working on women's empowerment.
Date and Time
Monday June 3, 2019
8:00 am-3:00 pm
PDT (Pacific Daylight Time)
The rise of automation and the flourishing of artificial intelligence, among many other new and profound disruptions, stand to transform labor markets around the world in a manner that holds significant implications for women in the workplace.
It thus remains to be seen whether the new dynamics of the “Future of Work” will help or hinder progress toward gender parity in the workplace. This June, ahead of the world’s largest global conference on the health and rights of girls and women, BSR, Women Deliver, and the McKinsey Global Institute will join forces to host a private-sector pre-conference to discuss these critical shifts and explore how corporations across industries can collaborate to make the “Future of Work” work for women.
This interactive and solutions-oriented convening of select corporate decision-makers will feature a series of panel discussions, roundtable breakout groups, and networking opportunities to explore how the “Future of Work” will impact women’s employment. It will offer the opportunity to discuss the specific actions businesses can take to minimize risks to women’s employment and maximize the opportunity for women to succeed. Pre-conference participants will have the space to:
- Share their own experiences
- Discuss emerging workplace frameworks and their impact on gender parity
- Contribute to the latest thinking on the opportunities for businesses to lead on women’s empowerment
- Identify new approaches and potential partnerships to support action moving forward.
The resulting insights and lessons from this day-long event will build upon the framework for action that was produced following the inaugural private-sector pre-conference hosted in 2016. They will help us create a roadmap for business action in the future of work, which will be published shortly following this event.
- 8:00-8:30: Registration
- 8:30-9:00: Breakfast, Networking and Opening Remarks
- 9:00-9:10: Welcome
- 9:10-9:20: Opening Address
- 9:20-9:35: Keynote: Building a “Future of Work” that Works for Women
- 9:35-9:55: Research Findings and Roadmap: The Future of Work and its Impact on Women
- 9:55-10:40: Panel Discussion: The Future of Work and its Impact on Women
- 10:40-10:50: Break
- 10:50-11:50: Future Scenarios Workshop
- 11:50-12:35: Panel Discussion: Taking Action - Supporting Women in the Future Workplace
- 12:35-1:15: Networking Lunch
- 1:15-2:00: Panel Discussion: Engaging Partners - Shaping an Ecosystem that Works for Women
- 2:00-2:45: Roadmap Workshop
- 2:45-3:00: The Way Forward and Closing Remarks
About Women Deliver
The Women Deliver 2019 Conference will take place June 3-6, 2019, in Vancouver, Canada, and will be the world’s largest conference on gender equality and the health, rights, and well-being of girls and women in the 21st century. It will serve as a catalyst for advocates working to achieve a more gender equal world. More than 6,000 world leaders, influencers, advocates, academics, activists, and journalists will flock to Vancouver with the drive to accelerate progress for girls and women everywhere.
The conference will present new knowledge, promote world-class solutions, and engage a broad spectrum of voices. It will focus on several issues from health, nutrition, education, and economic and political empowerment to human rights, good governance, and girls’ and women’s agency and equality.