Human Rights Working Group Overview
The UN Guiding Principles have emerged as the global standard for managing human rights impacts in global operations. BSR’s Human Rights Working Group (HRWG) brings companies from several industries together to share best practices and develop solutions to overcome the biggest challenges in implementing the UN Guiding Principles.
For two decades, BSR has been advising companies in all sectors on managing human rights impacts, from working conditions in the supply chains to free expression and privacy on the internet.
Through in-person meetings, webinars, and an online platform for dialogue, the HRWG focuses on practical implementation challenges that are shared across sectors.
Create a safe space for a cross-sector group of companies to openly share best practices, challenges, questions, and experiences implementing the Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
- We tackled a range of human rights issues—human rights risk assessments, training, reporting, grievance mechanisms, and supply chain among others.
- We drove integration, training, funding, and proactive management of human rights issues for our members.
- Learn from and collaborate with practitioners across sectors on implementing the Guiding Principles
- Use research and benchmarking on current practices to enhance the company’s own human rights policies, management, and reporting
- Build buy-in and internal alignment around the company’s human rights efforts