Building Responsibly Overview
Who We Are
Building Responsibly is a group of leading engineering and construction companies working together to raise the bar in promoting the rights and welfare of workers across the industry.
We have come together to foster and ensure a better working environment for workers in the engineering and construction sector. Doing so will allow us to more effectively respond to stakeholder, regulatory, and client expectations, and manage a more productive workforce.
How We Work
Through Building Responsibly, we are working collectively to advance our programs by:
- Adopting common principles and practices
- Developing tools
- Engaging workers, clients, governments, civil society, and international organizations
- Driving innovation and continuous improvement
For 2018, Building Responsibly will establish the Building Responsibly Principles for members to adopt and promote across the engineering and construction industry.
These Principles will provide a framework for the development of good practice notes, implementation guides, and tools. They will also set the direction for engaging with subcontractors, recruitment agents, governments, and other key stakeholders in the construction and engineering value chain.
- Align more effectively with regulations and clients’ requirements
- Learn from and engage civil society stakeholders
- Share with peers effective ways to help promote the rights and welfare of workers in the industry
- Increase productivity by improving workplace management practices