Date and Time
December 4-December 8, 2023
9:00 am-5:00 pm GST
Dubai, Madinat Jumeirah Conference Centre
BSR is delighted to be a partner of the Climate Action Innovation Zone - an inclusive platform for cross-sector collaboration at COP28.
From December 4-8 at the Madinat Jumeirah Conference Centre, it will bring together thousands of leaders and practitioners from business, finance, cities, governments and civil society to drive climate action at speed and scale. We hope you will join us in the Innovation Zone to help supercharge our collective climate action.
This year’s Innovation Zone includes the Climate Action Arena, the Climate Knowledge Hub - hosting Climate Action’s Flagship Forums including the Sustainable Innovation Forum on 4-5 December, Sustainable Finance Forum on 6 December, Hydrogen Transition Summit on 7 December and Agri-Food Systems Summit on 8 December. The Innovation Zone will also include the Island of Hope running a daily program focusing on accelerating climate adaption, resilience and ecosystem restoration in Small Island and vulnerable states and a lively evening program of climate cocktails, drinks receptions and dinners.
We are excited to announce we have 10 complimentary Climate Leader Passes for BSR members to attend the Climate Action Innovation Zone's Flagship Forums which you can register for here.
BSR's CEO and President, Aron Cramer, will be speaking on Tuesday, December 5 at the Sustainable Innovation Forum from 11:40 am - 12:20 pm on the Supply Chain Opportunity panel. The Sustainable Innovation Forum 2023 unites sustainability leaders from business, government, finance, and civil society to create the leading multi-stakeholder event during COP28.
Additional speakers include:
- Faustine Delaselle, Executive Director, Mission Possible Partnership Global
- Rhian Kelly, Chief Sustainability Officer, National Grid
- Sherry Madera, Executive Director, CDP
- Niki Mardas, Executive Director, Global Canopy
- Reece Whitby, Minister for Environment and Climate Action, Western Australia
- Zitouni Ould-Dada, Deputy Director, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Helen Mountford, President and CEO, ClimateWorks
- Honourable Danielle Smith, Premier of Alberta, Government of Alberta
- Mohamed Gouled - Vice President, Global Industries, International Finance Corporation
- Nicolas Peltier Thiberge – Global Director, World Bank
- Alexandra Bocșe – State Adviser on Climate and Sustainability, Romanian Presidential Administration
- Dr. Rebekah Shirley, Deputy Director, World Resources Institute
- Aron Cramer, President and CEO, BSR
President and CEO, BSR
Aron is recognized globally as a preeminent authority on just and sustainable business. In addition to leading BSR, which has grown substantially throughout his tenure as President and CEO, Aron advises senior executives at BSR’s 300+ member companies and other global businesses and partners on the full spectrum of environmental, social, and governance issues.
Aron joined BSR in 1995 as the founding director of its Business and Human Rights program. He later opened BSR's Paris office in 2002, where he worked until becoming President and CEO in 2004. Aron has served on advisory boards to CEOs at AXA, Barrick Gold, Marks & Spencer, Nike, Recruit Holdings, SAP, Shell, and he serves as a director of the We Mean Business Coalition and RISE.
Aron speaks frequently at leading business and public fora and is widely quoted in top-tier media, such as the Financial Times, Le Figaro (France), The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Axios, and Politico. He is co-author of the book Sustainable Excellence: The Future of Business in a Fast-Changing World, which spotlights innovative sustainability strategies that enable business success.
Prior to joining BSR, Aron practiced law in San Francisco and worked as a journalist at ABC News in New York. He holds a BA from Tufts University and a JD from the University of California, Berkeley.