At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we’re proud to be one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World’s Most Admired Companies® 2022.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
ServiceNow is committed to sustainability and has publicly committed to achieving Net Zero GHG emissions by 2030, twenty years ahead of the deadline called out in the Paris Climate Accord.
We are looking for an experienced environmental sustainability lead with strong background in embedding net zero programs across an organization and value chain.
This senior manager for environmental sustainability will be reporting to ServiceNow’s Director of Environmental Sustainability. This role will be leading the development of our net zero strategy across ServiceNow.
This role will be responsible for supporting ServiceNow to meet our corporate sustainability commitments:
- Continuing to achieve 100% Renewable electricity
- Science Based targets
- Supplier engagement
- Net Zero by 2030
What you get to do in this role:
- Develop and embed our net zero program across our organization and value chain
- Development of the partnerships, frameworks and methodologies to meet Net Zero
- Subject matter expertise in operational and value chain GHG emissions reduction levers (e.g. energy management, greener grids, energy efficient products and services, renewable electricity procurement)
- Manage cross-functional programs to meet Net Zero developing clear project requirements, milestone schedules, and policies to support decision-making and facilitate implementation of category specific sustainability programs.
- Develop climate finance strategy and partnerships for offsets and removals
- Function as a subject matter expert in environmental sustainability, Net Zero and climate action supporting all ES related reporting for the ESG team such as CDP, SASB, GRI, and annual reporting
- Monitor and track applicable environmental regulations and effectively capture opportunities for improvement and facilitate the implementation of these improvements.
- Establish and ensure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance metrics for Net Zero
To be successful in this role you have:
- 8+ years of experience, reflecting progression within the Environmental Sustainability space. To include experience/focus on Net Zero initiatives. Bachelor’s degree or higher in in environmental science, engineering, sustainable business or equivalent degree in biology, chemistry, economics, and/or finance
- Master’s in Sustainability Management, Environmental science (preferable)
- Deep understanding of science-based targets and net zero methodologies
- Experience developing different types of communication materials such as case studies, websites, reports, slide decks, and resource documents
- Proven experience with corporate reporting and/or regulatory reporting on ESG issues.
- Understanding of key sustainability issues and trends and how they link to business value.
- Experience developing emissions reduction strategies related to offices, data centres, and supply chains
- Experience setting and implementing corporate emissions reductions goals aligned best industry standards such as with the Science-Based Target Initiative (SBTi)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with an emphasis on the ability to communicate complex technical topics in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, both internal and external to the company.
- Expertise in GHG accounting, GHG target setting, science-based targets, Net Zero Roadmap development, engaging with suppliers and decarbonization solutions.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.