RESPONSIBLE/SUSTAINABLE SOURCING MANAGERRich’s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich’s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich’s®—Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
Responsible for leading responsible/sustainable sourcing efforts considering the environmental, social, and ethical factors throughout the supply chain. Ensures the implementation of the company’s sustainability policy goals with a special focus on suppliers and the sourcing markets. Sets corporate standards for suppliers/vendors/factories to ensure products meet any statutory requirements and social norms. Develops, recommends, implements, and manages systems and processes that foster an environmentally and socially responsible corporate culture that benefits the customers, employees, and the communities served.
- Develop and execute five-year responsible sourcing strategy.
- Establish and manage Scope 3 greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory.
- Oversee/Lead commodity certification body compliance.
- Lead supplier Diversity and Inclusion evaluation and reporting.
- Establish Center of Excellence for responsible/sustainable sourcing and serve as Subject Matter Expert for responsible/sustainable sourcing:
- Expert in trends, certifications, and voice of customer requirements.
- Serve as key point of contact for internal & external engagements.
- Provide data and analytics for internal and external reporting.
Responsible Sourcing Strategy
- Partner with Procurement Leaders, Category Buyers, Sustainability Director, Marketing, Business Unit (BU) Leads, and others to develop a five-year responsible sourcing strategy.
- In order to meet the needs of our customers and stakeholders, map commodity and ingredient supply chain to:
- Prioritize responsible/sustainable sourcing efforts.
- Identify opportunities to mitigate risk.
- Drive cost efficiencies.
- Build necessary transparency, traceability, and reporting capabilities.
- Execute strategy by conducting the necessary research, building business cases, and seeking alignment/approval from the businesses to proceed with individual initiatives.
Scope 3 GHG Inventory
- Engage suppliers on an annual basis to collect GHG data for purchased goods and services.
- Design and execute process to calculate and report Scope 3 GHG inventory to CDP, customer requests and internal leadership.
- Responsible/Sustainable Certification Body Compliance
Accountable for Procurement responsible/sustainable sourcing certification compliance.
- Customer/Marketing support.
- Support process design and execution across supply chain functions.
Supplier Diversity and Inclusion
- Design and implement improved process for supplier reporting related to minority and women owned businesses.
- Evaluate landscape for expanding supplier diversity and inclusion requirements and recommend enhancements to current program.
Center of Excellence and Subject Matter Expertise
- Develop expertise in responsible/sustainable sourcing trends, certifications, and needs of Rich Products customers and stakeholders.
- Provide data and analytics for internal and external reporting including tracking of KPI’s for corporate sustainability dashboard.
- Support Procurement and Sustainability teams with the development and execution of responsible/sustainable sourcing programs.
- Serve as advisor to Business Unit, and Executive teams on recommended priorities and programs.
- Act as Rich Products representative to responsible/sustainable sourcing community including professional organizations, NGOs, industry/customer groups, and government organizations.
- Leads large and complex responsible/sustainable sourcing projects with little supervision. Heavy reliance on leading through influencing and organizational change management. Leads subordinates if assigned.
- Regular contact with internal associates at all levels.
- Regular interaction with suppliers as it relates to sustainability.
- Represent Rich Products to industry groups, certification bodies, consultants, and other partners.
- Interactions with customers when required to assist them with their responsible/sustainable sourcing journey.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and minimum 5 years job related experience.
- Ideal candidate would have responsible sourcing experience, but strong Procurement/Supply Chain Management experience could qualify.
- Strong general management abilities and business acumen.
- Strategic thinking and ability to visualize long term objectives, while demonstrating the ability to navigate and adjust to change.
- Ability to lead by influencing, sell ideas to internal stakeholders, and navigate complex change management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Extreme resiliency given the unknown and sometimes uncomfortable challenge of leading business transformation.
- Ability to re-prioritize and adapt the long-term strategic plan to meet the ever-changing needs of the business and our customers.
- Experience with complex data modeling and complex data management.
- PC skills (MS Office, SAP, etc.) and the ability to create spreadsheets, computer analysis, report writing.
- Travels regularly (up to 15% of time).
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Rich’s”), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich’s. Please contact Rich’s Human Resources department at email@example.com if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.