At PIMCO, we understand that ESG factors can impact the investment risk and return profiles of our investments. We are seeking a senior analyst to join our ESG initiative, and sit within our corporate credit research team. This individual will work closely with our credit research analysts to integrate ESG factors into our credit research process, and will be an advocate for ESG internally and externally. PIMCO’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) platform supports new and existing PIMCO Funds and separate account opportunities.
- Incorporate analysis of ESG-factors into valuation analysis and ESG-themes into portfolios
- Conduct fundamental ESG research across sectors and markets
- Work with credit analysts globally to refine ESG risk frameworks by industry
- Analyze and present opportunities and risks inherent in potential ESG investments
- Discuss ESG topics, sustainability initiatives and portfolio views with PIMCO clients
- Express views on ESG trends and momentum through PIMCO thought leadership pieces
- Provide investment recommendations to PMs and Analysts
- Actively engage with PIMCO analytics on incorporating ESG risks in internal valuation frameworks
- Engage and empower issuers to influence change in ESG business practices
- Collaborate with ESG PM on creating performance attribution for ESG risk factors
- Prior experience in ESG in the financial services industry required
- At least 7 years’ experience, including
- Credit or equity research analyst capacity required (at sell side/buy side/rating agency)
- ESG investing experience, with some preference for a climate change focus
- Strong proficiency in financial modeling and quantitative analysis required
- May spend small portion of time covering sectors as research analyst, as needed
- Proven presentation, communication and influencing skills with senior stakeholders
- MBA and/or CFA strongly preferred
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment. Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office.
Please visit the PIMCO careers website.