It’s that time of year again. In three weeks, we will all gather in Huntington Beach, California, for the BSR Conference 2017. In the meantime, BSR staff will also host, attend, and speak at a variety of sustainability events around the world.
We can’t wait to see you October 24-26 for #BSR17.
What We’ll Host
- October 11: Senior Vice President Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen and Manager Magali Barraja will hold a BSR Connect event co-hosted with Lindex, “Accelerating Women’s Empowerment: How Business Can Lead the Way to Bridging the Gender Equality Gap,” in Stockholm.
- October 11-12: Director Angie Farrag-Thibault, Associate Director Cecilia Müller Torbrand, and Associates Martin Benderson, Christoph Karge, Dominic Kotas, and Anna de Vries will host the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network (MACN) Fall Members Meeting in London. President and CEO Aron Cramer will speak.
- October 25: The HERproject team will co-organize a seminar on HERhealth evaluation with the Population Council in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- October 24-26: BSR will host the 25th annual BSR Conference on “How Business Leads” in Huntington Beach, California. Keynote speakers will include former U.S. Vice President Al Gore, Planned Parenthood’s Cecile Richards, and Microsoft’s Brad Smith. Register to be a part of innovative solutions to the world’s biggest sustainability challenges.
Where We’ll Be
- October 2: Manager Emilie Prattico will participate in a The Crowd event on Scope 3 emissions reductions, sponsored by the We Mean Business coalition, in London.
- October 4-5: Cramer will attend a senior advisory board meeting of the Erb Institute at the University of Michigan Ross School of Business in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- October 4-6: Müller Torbrand will speak at the International Cargo Handling Coordination Association (ICHCA) 65th anniversary conference in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Spain.
- October 4-6: BSR is the Sustainability Partner of the Procurement Leaders Europe Forum 2017 in Amsterdam. Managing Director Tara Norton will conduct a roundtable on aligning procurement and sustainability for business success.
- October 6: Managing Director Elisa Niemtzow will speak on the panel “Refashioning Fashion: Making Ready-to-Wear Sustainable” at the Women’s Forum for the Economy and Society in Paris.
- October 9: Farrag-Thibault will speak about MACN at the Ukrainian Network of Integrity and Compliance (UNIC) Founding Meeting in Kiev, Ukraine.
- October 10: Inclusive Economy Associate Director Susan Winterberg will participate in the workshop “Creating Connected Communities with Design Thinking” at Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts in Boston.
- October 10-11: Cramer will attend the Marks & Spencer advisory board meeting in London.
- October 10-11: Manager Marat Yu will attend the ILO-Sweden Regional Meeting on Promoting Decent Work in Garment Sector Supply Chains in Asia in Bangkok.
- October 11: Winterberg will participate in the MIT/Accenture symposium “New Skills Now: Inclusion in the Digital Economy” in Boston.
- October 11: Director Alison Taylor will speak at a Women in Compliance event in London on the links between anticorruption and human rights due diligence.
- October 11: Associates Jessica Wan and Lisa Staxäng will facilitate the workshop “What Does a Factory Worker’s Daily Life Have to Do with Ascena’s Code of Conduct?” at the ANN INC supplier conference in Hong Kong.
- October 12: Winterberg will participate in the MIT Inclusive Innovation Challenge Awards Ceremony and VIP Reception in Boston.
- October 13: Senior Vice President Laura Gitman will speak on a panel, “Integrating Sustainability Across the Supply Chain,” at the Bloomberg Sustainable Business Summit in New York.
- October 16: Winterberg will speak on the panel “Whose Fair Share? Inclusion and the Sharing Economy” at Harvard Law School in Boston.
- October 17-18: Cramer will attend a meeting of the 2018 Global Climate Action Summit Steering Committee in Pocantico, New York.
- October 17-20: Finance Systems and Reporting Manager Katrina Fracisco will attend the annual Sage Intacct Advantage conference in Las Vegas.