Rich’s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich’s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich’s®—Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
Are you someone who is passionate about climate change, waste reduction and water conservation? Come join our growing Sustainability Team! And BONUS…this role can sit remotely within the US!
The Supply Chain Sustainability Manager is a key leader of Rich Products global sustainability efforts. The position is focused on developing and executing a Global Supply Chain strategy for sustainability. The role will research, develop, plan, design, maintain and implement policies and programs that generate business value and enhances Rich’s sustainability standing with customers, associates and communities.
- In conjunction with the Sustainability Director, leads Supply Chain’s 5-year Sustainability Strategy business case, validation, implementation, and improvement in partnership with Global and US/C VPs of Operations and Engineering, Sustainability Director, Plant Managers, etc. Work closely with business unit partners, functional leads and global teams to develop and execute strategies to meet sustainability goals across operations, supply chain and product design functions. Advocate for sustainability as an innovation and business value driver through direct interaction with project teams, training, and support of Rich’s sustainability communications efforts.
- Supports Sustainability Director in global climate change efforts. Co-own GHG reduction strategy, including expansion of inventory to include Scope 3 emissions (up/down stream, packaging, waste, water implications) and working to reduce the company’s carbon and environmental footprint within energy, climate, water, waste, forestry, transportation, and raw materials.
- Partner with plant managers to identify quick wins on sustainability that also support the Supply Chain’s strategic initiatives such as: Total Productive Manufacturing (TPM), Source to Settle, etc. Partner with incoming suppliers and manufacturing sites to identify long-term efficiency gains that also support sustainability.
- Manages sustainability projects that deliver long-term value and cost savings for the organization. Advocate for, influence and support implementation of projects that meet business and Supply Chain strategy goals, while delivering both efficiency and sustainability (capital investment, meters / monitoring efforts, network optimization, grant applications, etc.).
- Partner with Procurement to make the business case for the shift to purchasing renewable electricity across various markets
- Identify pathways to understanding sustainability baselines, streamlining data collection and strengthening data integration across the network to create dynamic, real-time understanding of energy, water, and waste. Ensure proper sustainability benchmarks are established and maintained using ESG measures, standards, and methodologies.
- Manage annual data collection and reporting needs for CDP, Walmart’s Project Gigaton and any other customer reporting needs.
- Provide data and analytics for internal and external reporting, including quarterly tracking of KPIs for sustainability dashboard
- Build analytical methods to identify, communicate & develop strategies for mitigating enterprise level climate risks and opportunities.
- Use a variety of research methods to analyze, report, and provide recommendations for Supply Chain sustainability projects and programs. Stay abreast of trends in energy, water, waste, food loss, renewable resources, sustainable work processes, and environmental science. Provide insights to business leaders and Supply Chain on a recurring basis.
- Develops, applies and/or partners with Engineers to provide advice on issues within the engineering field to enhance sustainability efforts
- Serve as the Supply Chain Sustainability champion; promotes and explains the organization’s sustainability strategy to internal stakeholders and customers as required; represents Rich’s in external groups as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Supply chain or Business Administration or related field and minimum 5 years job related experience.
- Ideal candidate would have strong project management, organizational and communication skills. Engineering background preferred.
- Strong general management abilities and business acumen.
- Strategic thinking and ability to visualize long term objectives, while demonstrating the ability to navigate and adjust to change.
- Ability to lead by influencing, sell ideas to internal stakeholders, and navigate complex change management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Extreme resiliency given the unknown and sometimes uncomfortable challenge of leading business transformation.
- Ability to re-prioritize and adapt the long-term strategic plan to meet the ever-changing needs of the business and our customers.
- Experience with complex data modeling and complex data management.
- PC skills (MS Office, SAP, etc.) and the ability to create spreadsheets, computer analysis, report writing.
- Travels regularly (up to 30% of time).
- Uses English as the business language within Rich’s. (Spanish language skills are a plus)