Be a part of the Subway® Group – the world’s largest quick service restaurant franchisor and recognized leader in the Quick Service industry. With more than 44,400 restaurants in over 113 countries we continue to add talent to our team at our global headquarters in Milford, Connecticut.
The Global Sustainability & CSR Manager will develop Global CSR strategies and lead execution across Marketing, Public Relations, Legal, Procurement and Operations teams to implement plans that meet the interests of various stakeholders; such as customers who are interested in local produce supply; NGO’s interested in specific sustainability policies and commitments, and Franchisees interested in improving the company’s reputation across many stakeholders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set Global CSR strategy and ensure agenda is fully realized across region/business units with clear deliverables. Develop accurate plans to ensure all projects meet strategic needs of the brand, are feasible for store operations and support both short and long term initiatives.
- Collaborate with regional marketing teams to lead specific program commercialization (National Sandwich Day, Marketing of Local Sourcing, etc.) that lead to traffic/check growth, as well as reputational improvement.
- Build business unit CSR commitment and communication plans with all functions to ensure North America has robust business plans to meet CSR/Sustainability commitments across Health & Wellness, * Responsible Sourcing, Environmental Efficiency, Community Development and Global Citizenship.
- Collaborate with Global CSR teams to share and/or incorporate best practices across business unit.
- Build relationships with important North American and global NGO’s that impact Subway’s business.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Environmental Science, Public Policy or Agricultural Development required.
- 5-10 years of varied experience across Sustainability areas (Policy, Implementation, Marketing & Communications).
Experience necessary for effective job performance:
- Experience leading CSR initiatives across a matrix and field-dependent enterprise.
- Interpretation of research data, presentation skills, project management skills, leadership skills.
- Proven track record of driving change across an organization and leading cross functional initiatives w/senior level stakeholders.
- Demonstrated expertise in marketing and communications of Corporate Social Responsibility/Sustainability activity to consumers and other stakeholders.
Note: We sincerely appreciate your interest! Due to the heavy volume of applications we receive only those candidates selected for further employment screening will be contacted by our office.
Please visit the Subway careers website.