It’s another busy month for BSR staff. From climate resilience events in South Africa, to the OECD Integrity Forum in Paris, to BSR Connect events across our global offices, here are the sustainability events we’re hosting, attending, and speaking at in June.
What We’ll Host
- June 5: President and CEO Aron Cramer will host our 25th anniversary dinner event on how business leads in San Francisco. He will be joined by We Mean Business Co-Chair and outgoing Chief Sustainability Officer of IKEA Group Steve Howard, along with other members of BSR’s leadership.
- June 6: Director Alison Taylor will host a BSR Connect breakfast discussion with Ethical Systems on how to build and sustain an ethical company culture in New York.
- June 8: Asia-Pacific Associate Director Karlyn Adams and Collaborative Initiatives and Transport and Logistics Director Angie Farrag-Thibault will host a training webinar on the Green Freight Asia label certification program.
- June 8: Managing Director Elisa Niemtzow, Associate Director Armel Yver, and Associate Indiana Vieljeux will host the Responsible Luxury Initiative in-person meeting at the LVMH headquarters in Paris.
- June 13-15: Farrag-Thibault, managers Aude Ucla and Nate Springer, and Associate Gareth Scheerder will convene the biannual Clean Cargo Working Group in-person member meeting at Electrolux in Stockholm.
- June 16: HERproject Director Christine Svarer and Manager Marat Yu will speak on supply chains and the Women’s Empowerment Principles at the BSR Connect event “Women’s Empowerment as a Business Strategy for a Sustainable Society” in Tokyo.
- June 19: BSR and the Rockefeller Foundation will host a BSR Connect event, “Inclusive Supply Chains and the Global Impact Sourcing Coalition,” in New York. Manager Sara Enright will speak.
- June 20: Senior Vice President Eric Olson and Manager Emilie Prattico, along with CDP, will lead a half day of workshops on “Partnerships for Innovation: Addressing Emissions in the Value Chain,” hosted by Stora Enso in Stockholm.
- June 21: Managing Director Tara Norton will host a Sustainability Matters webinar on tech trends in sustainable supply chains.
- June 22: Cramer and Senior Vice President Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen will kick off our EMEA 25th anniversary events with a dinner in Copenhagen on “How Business Leads.”
- June 26: Cramer and Pruzan-Jorgensen will host our “How Business Leads” dinner in London.
- June 29: Cramer and Pruzan-Jorgensen will host our “How Business Leads” dinner in Paris.
Where We’ll Be
- May 28-June 2: Cramer will attend the Barrick CSR Advisory Board meeting in Zambia.
- June 6: Taylor will speak on stakeholder engagement trends and frameworks at the BBB Forum on Corporate Responsibility in New York.
- June 6-7: Inclusive Economy Associate Director Susan Winterberg will attend the OECD Annual Forum: Bridging Divides in Paris.
- June 6-7: Managing Director John Hodges and Manager Charlotte Bancilhon will attend the RI Europe 2017 Conference in London. Hodges will moderate a session on emerging markets.
- June 13: Niemtzow will attend the event “How Apparel Brands Can Transform Supply Chains” in Amsterdam.
- June 14: Director Dorje Mundle, Associate Director Cecile Oger, and Manager Byron Austin will convene a Healthcare Working Group spring meeting hosted by Novartis in Basel, Switzerland.
- June 19-20: Manager Kelly Gallo will be at the Data Center Dynamics Webscale conference in San Francisco. She will participate in a roundtable discussion on renewable power procurement for data centers.
- June 19-22: Manager Samantha Harris and Associate Denielle Harrison will present BSR’s private-sector framework on climate risk and resilience to companies and other stakeholders in Cape Town and Johannesburg. The convenings are in partnership with NBI and KudosAfrica.
- June 20: Director Asako Nagai will speak on “Current Status and Future Challenges for Sustainability in Japan” at the Council for Better Corporate Citizenship (CBCC) Symposium in Tokyo.
- June 26: Cramer will attend the Natural Capital Coalition board meeting in London.
- June 28: Manager Magali Barraja will speak on the panel “Stop Talking, Start Acting: What Credibility Looks Like in an SDG Commitment” at the ISEAL Alliance 2017 Global Sustainability Standards Conference in Zürich, Switzerland.
- June 29: Springer will speak on the 3BL webinar "How Global Materiality Can Help Shape Sustainability Strategy."