BSR staff will attend, host, and speak at a variety of sustainability events this month on topics ranging from implications of the new U.S. presidential administration on sustainable business to data centers powered by renewable energy.
What We’re Hosting
- February 2: BSR will host a webinar for U.S. funders to discuss the implications of the U.S. presidential election for sustainable business. President CEO Aron Cramer, Senior Vice President Eric Olson, and Inclusive Economy Associate Director Susan Winterberg will speak.
- February 15: Managing Director Dunstan Allison-Hope will lead a members-only discussion with GRI’s new chief executive Tim Mohin in San Francisco.
- February 17: Director Alison Taylor will lead a similar conversation with Mohin in New York.
- February 22: Director Lin Wang and Associate Director Michael Rohwer will launch a BSR report on optimizing Chinese industry in the age of automation at an event in Shanghai.
- February 27-28: Associate Director Peter Nestor and Manager Jean-Baptiste Andrieu will facilitate the first general assembly meeting of a new collaborative initiative promoting workers’ rights and welfare in the engineering and construction sector in London.
Where We’ll Be
- February 2-3: Manager Ran Tao will speak at the Columbia University Energy Symposium in New York.
- February 7-9: Cramer, Olson, and Managing Director Edward Cameron will attend the We Mean Business board meeting in Detroit, Michigan.
- February 8: Winterberg will attend “Preventing Violence with the Global Community Engagement and Resilience Fund” in New York.
- February 8-9: Manager Lauren Shields will speak at the OECD Roundtable on Due Diligence in the Garment and Footwear Sector in Paris.
- February 9: Vice President Laura Gitman will give a plenary speech, “Corporate Sustainability in a Post-Trump World,” at Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, New York.
- February 9: Winterberg will attend “The Future of Retail: Flexible Shift Work in the 21st Century,” hosted by Cornell University’s ILR School in New York.
- February 14-16: Cramer, Olson, and Manager Nate Springer will attend GreenBiz 17 in Scottsdale, Arizona. Cramer will give a plenary presentation on redefining sustainable business, Olson will host a side event on climate-smart agriculture, and Springer will host a "GreenBiz Guru Lunch" to discuss BSR’s Future of Internet Power.
- February 15-16: Manager Emma Grande will attend the Health Means Business National Summit and Healthy10 Awards in Washington, D.C.
- February 22- 23: Manager Kelly Gallo will attend the Green Data Center Conference in San Diego, California.
- February 22-24: Director Angie Farrag-Thibault will speak on financing the transition to sustainable shipping at the Economist’s World Ocean Summit 2017 in Bali, Indonesia.
- February 23-24: Winterberg will attend an OECD workshop on measuring business impacts on people’s well-being in Paris.
- February 24: Rohwer will speak on “Sustainability Supply Chain Leadership Ladder: Challenges to the Global Supply Chain” at the Coalition for Better Corporate Citizenship in Tokyo.
- February 27: Gallo will speak at the Green Mountain Data Center Conference in San Francisco.
Let’s talk about how BSR can help you to transform your business and achieve your sustainability goals.