These are the global sustainability events BSR staff will host, attend, and speak at this month. Will we see you there?
What We’ll Host
- March 1: BSR will host A Blueprint for Sustainable Business in New York to discuss the future of sustainability strategy, governance, and management in business. Sustainability Management Managing Director Alison Taylor will speak.
- March 5: BSR will host a similar event in San Francisco, with a special focus on innovative approaches being deployed by Bay Area companies. President and CEO Aron Cramer and Managing Director Dunstan Allison-Hope will speak.
- March 12: Sustainable Futures Lab Director Jacob Park will host an interactive event in Copenhagen to introduce participants to scenario planning and to discuss the case for futures thinking.
- March 20: The Global Impact Sourcing Coalition will host a webinar on a new era for inclusive supply chains to launch the Global Impact Sourcing Standard and the Impact Sourcing Challenge.
- March 22: Park and Managing Director Elisa Niemtzow will lead an interactive event on scenario planning and futures thinking in Paris.
- March 22: BSR will host an invitation-only dinner for select members and partners in Boston to discuss a shared agenda for 21st-century business.
Where We’ll Be
- March 2: Manager Martin Benderson will represent the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network (MACN) at the World Customs Organization’s Capacity Building Week in Brussels.
- March 5-7: Managing Director John Hodges and Associate Kate Marshall will attend the PDAC 2018 convention in Toronto, Canada.
- March 5-6: Senior Vice President Laura Gitman will attend the NYU Stern Center for Sustainable Business Practice Forum: Working Together to Build the Financial Case for Sustainability.
- March 6: Cramer will speak at Is Silicon Valley As Green As It Claims?, hosted by Climate One and the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco.
- March 6: Manager Eileen Gallagher will lead a workshop in collaboration with The Indonesia Business Council for Sustainable Development in Jakarta on building climate resilience in the private sector.
- March 5-7: MACN Program Director Cecilia Müller Torbrand will deliver a keynote speech at a workshop hosted by Royal Caribbean Cruises and Carnival Cruise Lines in connection with the Seatrade Cruise Global conference in Miami, Florida.
- March 13: Gallagher will attend the ASEAN Conference on the Recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) in Singapore.
- March 13-14: Cramer will attend a We Mean Business board meeting in Leiden, the Netherlands.
- March 14: Managing Director Tara Norton and HERproject Director Christine Svarer will speak at the Sedex Conference 2018 in London. Svarer will participate in the breakout session “The Future of Impact Measurement,” and Norton will speak in the session “Human Rights Made Simple.”
- March 15: Manager Margaux Yost will speak at the VF Corporation Responsible Sourcing Summit to present the start of HERproject in five of VF Corporation Kenya-based suppliers in Nairobi.
- March 16: Yost will introduce HERproject at the TradeMark East Africa summit in Nairobi.
- March 20: Niemtzow will represent BSR at the H&M Global Change Awards in Stockholm.
- March 20-21: Hodges will moderate a panel on social and governance issues in private equity at the Responsible Investment Forum 2018 in New York.
- March 23: Gitman will facilitate an executive workshop during the Harvard University Advanced Leadership Initiative Deep Dive on “Building a Culture of Health: A Business Leadership Imperative” in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- March 27: Gitman will lead a panel discussion at the LMHQ Women's Breakfast: Making Meaning with Corporate Social Responsibility in New York.
- March 27-28: Taylor, Müller Torbrand, and Director Angie Farrag-Thibault will speak at the OECD Global Anti-Corruption & Integrity Forum in Paris—see our event listing for their speaking sessions. Benderson and Communications Associates Dominic Kotas and Cécile Gerondeau will also attend.
- March 28: Taylor will host a side event to the OECD Forum on building an action framework for integrity leadership in the private sector.