Sodexo, world leader in quality of life services, has a new opening for a Senior Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability Engagement. This is a virtual role and the selected candidate may reside anywhere in the US.
The Corporate Social Responsibility team of North America shall drive Sodexo’s sustainability and corporate responsibility strategy and roadmap (Better Tomorrow 2025) in the North America Region, covering USA and Canada, in order to advance our leadership position and to ensure that the Better Tomorrow roadmap contributes to our Quality of Life positioning, our business growth strategy and our competitiveness.
Founded in Marseille in 1966 by Pierre Bellon, Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 67 countries, Sodexo serves 100 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Services, Benefits & Rewards Services and Personal & Home Services. Since its inception, Sodexo has developed very robust and extensive business approaches to create positive impacts on people, on communities and on the environment. This is illustrated by the many awards we have been receiving: a top ranking in the DJSI, included in the FTSE 4 Good indices, Catalyst award on Diversity and Inclusion for more than 10 years, ranked on CDP in the A list, and more.
This Senior Manager of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability Engagement for Sodexo North America position reports to the Vice President of CSR and Sustainability for Sodexo North America. It supports
- internal communications and training for the environmental and social aspects of the CSR and sustainability strategy in North America; and
- co-creation and implementation of the social aspects of the CSR and sustainability strategy in North America, which includes workforce social mobility, social justice, environmental justice, food access, human rights, and diversity, equity and inclusion.
This position has one direct report and works in close partnership with internal departments to implement programs. While leading the engagement and communications for all aspects of CSR team; there is also a strong focus on development of strategy and initiatives, which benefit society and our people, in collaboration with internal departments.
- Support development of and strategy for the current and future social focus areas of Sodexo’s corporate social responsibility strategy such as Diversity and inclusion, human rights, economic mobility, ethical behavior, equity, food access.
- Develop the CSR acumen of key stakeholders in the business enabling them to own, achieve and better leverage Better Tomorrow commitments through a suite of training programs and resources.
- Develop, embed and deliver CSR content into training programs in partnership with our learning department, including content for frontline training to ensure Sodexo can achieve our goal of training all employees how to operate most sustainably at our client sites.
- Expand the impact of the North America CSR employee champions team, equipping advocates to support the deployment of the Better Tomorrow 2025 CSR and foster a culture of social and environmental responsibility within our workforce.
- Coordinate working groups that support the embedding of sustainability into the business and align with market segment CSR objectives
Supporting sales and retention
- Represent Sodexo as a subject matter expert in high value sales presentations and meetings and retention engagements.
- Actively participate in sales processes including RFPs
- Support the growth of our business through 1) the creation of client collateral and case studies, and turnkey, self-service support resources for sales processes
- Lead development of Better Tomorrow sales and retention training and resources that empower the business development teams to better leverage our CSR progress, leadership and programs with our clients.
- Analyze and disseminate (to North America and global leadership teams) feedback and information about market trends, consumer insights and competitive positioning.
Engaging Internal and External Stakeholders
- Work in collaboration with communications to create and implement a CSR communications strategy for North America.
- Lead North America’s internal engagement and strategic messaging on sustainability and CSR, with a goal to build awareness and align with business priorities
- Develop CSR employee involvement support materials and employee recognition programs
- Work with our service departments to position our Better Tomorrow strategy, including in retail promotion kits and supply management deployment communications.
- Support North America’s external engagement on sustainability and CSR, including outreach and content on us.sodexo.com, with a goal to increase awareness among stakeholders, build our brand and advance thought leadership.
- Collaborate with public relations and communications on campaigns that drive brand building, local market engagement and social media engagement.
- Support adoption of global engagement campaigns and sharing of North America’s innovations for global adoption.
- Represent Sodexo as a subject matter expert on external panels and conferences, to further our position of thought leadership.
Experience, Competencies & Education:
- Professional experience in communications including content creation, message development, employee training, presentation development
- Professional experience in areas of CSR, sustainability, or ESG focused on societal and people issues such as D&I, human rights, economic mobility, ethical behavior, equity, and food access.
- Professional experience in areas of CSR, sustainability, or ESG focused on environmental issues such as carbon emissions, food waste, waste, plastics, water, agriculture and energy management.
- Relevant post-graduate degree or an MBA is an advantage.
- A CSR or sustainability certification or degree in a CSR or sustainability field is an advantage.
- Passion and proven commitment to CSR strategies and outcomes
- Communication- excellent, persuasive, and effective verbal and written communications skills
- Teamwork- Excellent listening, collaborating, and consulting skills
- Organization- excellent ability to problem-solve, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize
- Flexibility- excellent resilience, ability to adjust, and ability to multi-task
- Professional experience in communications
- Professional experience in areas of CSR, sustainability, or ESG.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- Travel required for on-site client visits. Approximately 15% of the time.
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. This position is paying a starting salary between the range of $59,500 - $139,000 and is also bonus eligible. 10% of base salary is the target bonus and 15% of base salary is the maximum bonus.
The Senior Manager of Sustainability, Field Support leads OSCSR’s , internal engagement and strategic communications, with a goal to increase awareness among stakeholders, build our brand and advance thought leadership. They develop the subject matter expertise of our workforce to deploy Better Tomorrow actions through a suite of training programs and resources. Support the growth of our business through a) the creation of client collateral and case studies b) active participation in sales processes including RFPs and presentations and c) providing turnkey, self-service support resources for sales processes. Lead the North America SEED community of practice, equipping sustainability champions to support the deployment of the Better Tomorrow 2025 Corporate Responsibility Strategy. Analyze and disseminate (to North America leadership teams) feedback and information about market trends, consumer insights and competitive positioning. Work with Service Operations (e.g. Culinary Solutions promotions) to proactively position our Better Tomorrow strategy. Provides tools, education, advice and training for internal and external stakeholders, about key sustainability topics and Sodexo’s progress against our Better Tomorrow commitments. Provides Subject Matter Expert on “Resources” which includes waste, water and energy. Represents Sodexo on panels and conferences on the topic of resource management in Sodexo. Partners with Supply Management to identify trends affecting procurement decisions.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Please visit the Sodexo careers website.