The BSR Conference 2017 has come and gone, but there’s still a lot happening in the sustainability world this year. From COP23 in Germany to the UN Forum on Business and Human Rights in Switzerland, here are the global sustainability events we’ll host, attend, and speak at this month.
What We’ll Host
- November 15: Senior Vice President Laura Gitman will host a Sustainability Matters webinar on “What BSR Membership Can Do for You.” This webinar is open to both BSR members and non-members.
- November 15: Manager Magali Barraja and Associate Margaux Yost will facilitate a workshop co-hosted by Sedex on gender-sensitive auditing practices in London.
Where We’ll Be
- November 7: Manager Lauren Shields will speak at the World Banana Forum’s Multistakeholder Strategy Meeting on Gender Equity in the Banana Industry in Geneva, Switzerland.
- November 6-18: Senior Vice President Eric Olson, Director David Wei, Manager Samantha Harris, and Manager Emilie Prattico will attend the UN climate negotiations and associated events, including the Development and Climate Days, in Bonn, Germany.
- November 7: Sustainability Management Director Alison Taylor will speak at Techonomy 2017 in Half Moon Bay, California.
- November 8: Associate Director Cecilia Müller Torbrand will speak at Hydro's Freight Summit in London.
- November 9: Shields will speak about BSR’s Gender Equality in Codes of Conduct Guidance at the Floriculture Sustainability Initiative’s General Assembly in Vijfhuizen, Netherlands.
- November 11-12: President and CEO Aron Cramer will participate in the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum Global Future Councils—specifically, the Future of Consumption council—in Dubai.
- November 13-14: Managing Director Elisa Niemtzow will attend the New York Times International Luxury Conference in Brussels.
- November 14: Manager Meghan Ryan will speak on a panel on labor and human rights in supply chains at WEAR2017 in Toronto, Canada. She and Associate Director Jorgette Mariñez will lead a breakout session on “Advancing Women in Global Supply Chains.”
- November 15: Senior Vice President Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen will deliver the keynote address and moderate a panel at the Global Child Forum’s Partner Advisory Board Meeting in Stockholm.
- November 15: Associate Director David Korngold will speak on a panel about “Engaging Value Chain Partners on an Ambitious 10x Net Positive Journey” at Sustainable Brands New Metrics in Philadelphia.
- November 15-16: Cramer will attend the Barrick Gold Advisory Council meeting in Toronto.
- November 16: Gitman will speak on Business Stepping Up: Consulting for Change in partnership with the Bard MBA in Sustainability in New York.
- November 17: Barraja will speak about BSR’s Women’s Empowerment practice and the Women’s Empowerment Principles at the Responsible Employment Forum in London.
- November 22: Barraja will attend the Gender Equality in Global Supply Chains workshop hosted by the University of Manchester.
- November 26-29: Managing Director Dunstan Allison-Hope, Human Rights Managing Director Margaret Jungk, and Associate Chris Fletcher will attend the UN Forum on Business and Human Rights in Geneva. Jungk will lead a session on "Key Messages for Business on Access to Remedy" at a business-only meeting held at the ILO ahead of the Forum on November 26, Allison-Hope will moderate a session called “Remedy Against the Machine” on November 27, and Jungk and Fletcher will lead an exclusive session on the ecosystem of effective remedy on November 28.
- November 30: Jungk will attend a UN Working Group on Business and Human Rights session in Geneva to develop a gender-sensitive approach to the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
- November 30-December 1: Cramer will speak at the Erb Institute and World Environment Center roundtable in Washington, D.C.
- November 30: Shields will participate in a workshop on innovation in global supply chain monitoring and improvement hosted by Humanity United and the Walt Disney Company in Geneva.
- November 30: Manager Jonathan Morris will attend Moving the Market: SASB Symposium 2017 in New York.
Let’s talk about how BSR can help you to transform your business and achieve your sustainability goals.