As we kick off the global celebration of our 25th anniversary, here are the sustainability events that we’ll host, attend, and speak at this month.
What We’re Hosting
- April 3: Human Rights Managing Director Margaret Jungk will host a BSR Connect event on human rights trends and future challenges for business in Copenhagen. She will be joined by French Ambassador Francois Zimeray.
- April 19: President and CEO Aron Cramer will kick off our 25th year celebrations with a dinner in New York on how business leads. This event is part of a global series marking our 25th anniversary with senior representatives of our member companies and select partners.
- April 20: Managing Director Tara Norton, Director Lin Wang, and Associate Director Armel Yver will host the BSR Connect event “Supply Chain Leadership and Trends in Worker Engagement” in our Paris office.
- April 20: Managing Director Dunstan Allison-Hope and Associate Director Peter Nestor will host a BSR Connect event on global trends in technology, business, and human rights in Tokyo.
- April 20: Senior Vice President Eric Olson and Manager Berkley Rothmeier will host our 25th anniversary celebration with Target’s Chief Sustainability Officer Jennifer Silberman in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- April 21: Allison-Hope will speak on sustainability trends in the U.S. political landscape at a seminar co-hosted with CBCC in Tokyo.
- April 21: Manager Lauren Shields and Associate Margaux Yost will host an apparel industry roundtable dialogue, “Creating an Enabling and High-Performing Work Environment through Gender Equality,” in Addis Ababa.
- April 25: Managing Director John Hodges will moderate a conversation with the IIRC's CEO Richard Howitt in New York.
- April 26-28: Director Angie Farrag-Thibault, Associate Director Karlyn Adams, Manager Maurice Meehan, and Associates Martin Benderson and Christoph Karge will host the spring Maritime Anti-Corruption Network (MACN) members meeting in Dubai.
Where We’ll Be
- April 5: Farrag-Thibault will speak about MACN at the International Maritime Organization Legal Committee meeting in London.
- April 5: Managing Director Elisa Niemtzow will attend the H&M Global Change Award ceremony in Stockholm.
- April 5: Manager Nate Springer will speak on a panel on data collection and exchange at the 2017 LEARN International Workshop in Brussels.
- April 5-6: Senior Vice President Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen will speak on the panel “Changing Business Practices: Guidance or Legislation?” at the Sedex Conference 2017 in London.
- April 6-7: Farrag-Thibault will speak about the Clean Cargo Working Group at the Europe Workshop on Green Freight Programs in Brussels.
- April 19: Associate Director Jean-Baptiste Andrieu will speak on the panel “Ethical Recruitment: Challenges and How to Address Them” at the International Business and Human Rights Conference in Amsterdam.
- April 21: Hodges will speak on clean tech at the Earth Day Texas Exposition in Dallas, Texas.
- April 25: Director Asako Nagai will speak on “Creating Corporate Value Through ESG” at the RI (Responsible Investor) Asia 2017 conference in Tokyo.
- April 26-27: Shields will speak in the session “Putting Human Rights into Practice” at the UN Global Compact’s flagship event Making Global Goals Local Business in New Delhi. Manager Andrea Bergstrom will attend.
- April 27: Cramer will host and facilitate Shell’s Powering Progress Together event in Detroit, Michigan.
- April 28: Bergstrom will attend the 12th National Convention, hosted by UN Global Compact Network India, also in New Delhi.