We just wrapped up the BSR Conference 2016 in New York last week, but BSR staff are still busy hosting, attending, and speaking at a variety of sustainability events around the world throughout the month. Here’s where we’ll be.
What We’re Hosting
- November 8-10: Managing Director John Hodges, Manager Maurice Meehan, and Associates Chris Fletcher and Christoph Karge will convene a meeting with members of the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- November 10: BSR and the UN Global Compact will co-host a webinar on designing effective human rights training programs.
- November 14: The BSR human rights team will co-host a business and human rights networking event with ILO and other human rights organizations at the UN Forum on Business and Human Rights in Geneva, Switzerland.
- November 16: Managing Director Edward Cameron will host BSR’s official side event at COP22 on "Accelerating Implementation: Transitioning to Low-Carbon and Climate-Resilient Development Pathways" in Marrakesh, Morocco.
- November 17: Senior Vice President Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen, HERproject Director Christine Svarer, Director Elisa Niemtzow, and Managers Elissa Goldenberg and Magali Barraja will convene a meeting with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs to launch the Business Action for Women collaborative initiative in The Hague, Netherlands.
- November 23: BSR will host the second meeting of the HERproject China Working Group, discussing “The Past, Present, and Future of the HERproject in China” in Shanghai.
Where We’ll Be
- November 3: Manager Lauren Shields will present, with partners, a new industry working group on gender at the Floriculture Sustainability Initiative’s member session. Associates James Steady and Margaux Yost will participate in this session in Vijfhuizen, Netherlands
- November 6-8: Pruzan-Jorgensen will present the business case for impact sourcing at the European Outsourcing Summit, held by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- November 7-18: Cameron, Senior Vice President Eric Olson, Associate Director David Wei, Manager Emilie Prattico, and Associate Samantha Harris will attend the UNFCCC Climate Negotiations (COP22) in Marrakesh, Morocco.
- November 9-10: President and CEO Aron Cramer will attend the SAP External Advisory Board meeting in Walldorf, Germany.
- November 9-10: Olson will speak on two panels at the inaugural UPS Sustainable Connections Summit in Atlanta, Georgia.
- November 12-13: Olson, Cameron, Wei, Prattico, and Harris will attend and speak at the Development and Climate Days in Marrakesh, Morocco.
- November 13-14: Cramer will attend the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting of the Global Future Councils in Dubai.
- November 14-15: Cramer will attend the AXA Stakeholder Advisory Board meeting in Paris.
- November 14-16: Senior Advisor on Human Rights Bennett Freeman, Associate Directors Peter Nestor and Roger McElrath, and Associate Michaela Lee will attend the United Nations Forum on Business and Human Rights in Geneva, Switzerland.
- November 15: Director Angie Farrag-Thibault will participate in the European Launch of the GLEC Framework for Logistics Emissions Methodologies in Brussels, Belgium.
- November 15: Director Asako Nagai will speak on the panel “Exploring Japan: How to Get from ‘Doing Stuff’ to Strategic Engagement” at the Asia Corporate Governance Association Conference in Tokyo.
- November 15: Manager Nate Springer will moderate a panel on ensuring sustainable progress in container shipping at the Green Ship Technology Conference North America in Washington, D.C.
- November 15-16: Asia-Pacific Vice President Jeremy Prepscius will speak about the effects of technological changes on workforces at the World Federation of Sporting Goods Industry Manufacturers Forum in Taichung, Taiwan.
- November 16: Springer will participate on a panel at the Global Environmental Management Initiative Supply Chain Sustainability Harmonization workshop in Louisville, Kentucky.
- November 16-17: Director Alison Taylor will speak on strengthening corruption prevention at the Anti-Corruption International Conference in Jakarta, Indonesia. Associate Director Karlyn Adams will also attend.
- November 17-18: Cramer will attend the Barrick Gold CSR Advisory Board meeting in Toronto.
- November 22: Farrag-Thibault will speak at a roundtable event on a low-carbon future for shipping hosted by the Economist in London.
- November 23: Shields and Yost will attend the event “Better Jobs for Women in Agribusiness: How to Avoid the Two-Tier Workforce” organized by Ergon Associates in London.
- November 25-26: Senior Advisor Mark Devadason will facilitate a session on innovation and collaboration to deliver on the Sustainable Development Goals at the Responsible Business Forum on Sustainable Development in Singapore. Prepscius will also attend.
- November 30-December 1: Pruzan-Jorgensen will speak on trends in corporate responsibility at the international conference The Israeli CSR Experience in Tel-Aviv, Israel.
- November 30-December 2: Svarer will speak on the panel “Crossing the Divide: Corporate-NGO Partnerships that Work for Women” at the Women’s Forum Global Meeting in Deauville, France.
You Might Also Like
Sorry, no related articles have been published, yet.