KKR is seeking a Vice President to join the KKR Public Affairs team with a focus on supporting the assessment and management of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues across the investment process. This role would be based in our New York office and report to the Managing Director for Sustainable Investing. The team is responsible for facilitating the consideration of ESG, regulatory, and reputational issues throughout KKR’s investment process, including the management of KKR’s ESG-focused value creation programs for its portfolio companies. See www.kkresg.com.
A successful candidate typically will have at least five years of experience with an MBA and/or other relevant degree (Masters, etc.) and a background in responsible investment, sustainability management, or associated fields.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING
Responsibilities related to the Firm’s ESG management efforts
- Support the implementation of ESG strategies for various asset classes
- Participate in ESG-related due diligence and help lead such work for asset class(es)
- Engage with or manage partnerships with various stakeholders, including relationships with NGOs and industry collaborations
- Develop and maintain up-to-date presentation materials for meetings with various stakeholder groups
Responsibilities related to supporting portfolio companies
- Develop relationships with portfolio companies upon entering portfolio and lead meetings to introduce them to available ESG-related programs and resources
- Maintain system for monitoring risks and opportunities across the portfolio during ownership
- Support portfolio companies’ efforts to understand and improve their performance on relevant ESG topics
Responsibilities related to Investor Engagement
- Support fund-level and/or public reporting on performance
- Produce content for fundraising materials and a variety of investor requests for information
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Strong, proven understanding of the responsible investment or sustainability landscape
- Experience working with investors or companies on ESG/sustainability issues, such as experience with sustainability reporting
- Ability to facilitate projects across a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Trustworthy and accountable
- Quick learner with clear intellectual curiosity and proven track record of being a self-starter
- Team-oriented with a proven ability to manage demands of multiple teams and projects in a fast-paced work environment, including ability to prioritize time efficiently and handle heavy workloads while remaining attentive to detail
- Aptitude for critical and creative thinking across the quantitative and qualitative spectrum
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including the ability to read information/situations from varying perspectives and tailor messages to suit different audiences
- Meticulous organization skills
- Technical and aesthetic mastery of PowerPoint and other programs
- Maturity, presence, sound judgment, and ability to form and express opinions effectively to cross-divisional teams including senior management
- Passion for achieving a more sustainable economy
Please submit resume and cover letter by May 12th, 2021 to the search firm, Weinreb Group, via the following: https://weinrebgroup.com/resume. The cover letter should include why you are qualified for this role and information on possible start date. All submissions will be held in the strictest confidence.
KKR is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic. KKR is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.