Sustainability is a strategic business priority for Apollo that has oversight by, interest in, and support from the CEO and the executive leadership team. Over the past few years, Apollo has made significant investments in expanding the Sustainability/ESG team and announcing new related business and investment strategies. In our continued effort to build a world class team, Apollo is hiring an ESG Climate Strategy Lead to join the Office of Sustainability. The primary focus of this role will be to ensure connectivity across Apollo’s varied Climate strategies and disclosures and drive implementation, synergy, thought leadership and market leading transparency and communications. The ideal candidate is a Sustainability professional with exceptional program and project management experience and expertise in climate accounting, goal setting, TCFD reporting, greenhouse gas reduction strategies, and data management best practices.
- Collaborate with internal working groups to execute on the company’s climate strategy roadmaps by providing strategic and tactical recommendations, supporting cross-functional alignment, and organizing and synthesizing reports.
- Work with internal stakeholders to establish approaches to collect, analyze, and quantify environmental and carbon improvements and proof points across the business.
- Climate and decarbonization program management to ensure teams across the organization are meeting deadlines, measuring progress, and achieving their goals.
- Drive effort to understand and measure the carbon impact of our operations and portfolios as they evolve over time.
- Lead climate risk assessments related to physical and transition risks. Provide research support and guidance to teams and business units on integrating climate considerations into diligence and operations.
- Create corporate-level progress reports and presentation materials for internal and external stakeholders. Drive carbon-related reporting alignment to frameworks such as TCFD, GRI, and SASB.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to continuously improve annual scope 3 inventories.
- Support development of new carbon reduction workstreams and initiatives as needed.
- Analyze climate risks and opportunities and integrate findings into existing programs, processes, and disclosure.
- Partner with ESG leaders in individual business units to drive progress on climate and sustainability roadmaps.
- Engage and educate employees on the company’s climate goals, strategies, and opportunities to make change.
- Develop and manage climate strategy content for ESG reporting, due diligence requests, external website and other Apollo channels.
- Follow the external legislative and disclosure developments to enhance our climate strategy and disclosure.
- Support other ESG team projects and priorities as necessary.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 10-12 years of experience in a program or project management role
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a sustainability and/or climate role
- Familiarity and working knowledge of relevant frameworks such as TCFD, GRI, and SASB
- Solid communication, collaboration, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Demonstrated success in managing complex projects or programs
- Knowledge and experience in greenhouse gas accounting
- Strong data management and reporting skills
- Ability to influence in a fast-paced, cross-functional, matrixed organization
- Knowledge and experience implementing SBTs and Net Zero strategies strongly preferred
- Knowledge and experience with multiple sectors strongly preferred
- Knowledge and experience with ESG software and reporting tools preferred
- Willingness to travel in the future~5-10%