At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
This role is responsible for the management of reporting and disclosures on the company’s progress in making positive contributions to communities, and minimizing environmental and social risks, as part of Wells Fargo’s goal to be an industry leader in corporate citizenship. The person in this position will oversee all major communications channels from proactive reporting initiatives to those designed to respond to incoming requests. A central responsibility for this role is providing clear and transparent disclosure of our corporate social responsibility (CSR) and environmental, social and governance (ESG) policies, commitments, programs and practices.
This role will also collaborate with the strategy and data partners on the team, and across the company, to undertake efforts promote and enhance our reputation. This position will also be responsible for monitoring the development of CSR-related rules and requirements where we do business globally, and will work with appropriate compliance groups to ensure we are effectively meeting our obligations.
In addition, this role will serve as a thought leader on CSR reporting, and ESG disclosures to ensure the company is providing best-in-class reporting and is up-to-date on ESG reporting frameworks and trends.
- Direct development and production of the annual CSR report, CSR page in corporate annual report and Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) disclosure, in partnership with SCR team, Corporate Communications, and subject matter experts, in line with best practice frameworks.
- Craft proactive outreach strategy to reach key stakeholders, specifically ESG investor community, regarding SCR initiatives leveraging reporting summaries (e.g., calendared opportunities, speakers’ bureau, etc.).
- Provide reporting on sustainable finance commitment (e.g., carbon foot printing, accounting, etc.).
- Lead development and management of Wells Fargo’s disclosure of ESG policies, practices and programs through the Environmental, Social and Governance Guide on wellsfargo.com and other relevant CSR pages on wellsfargo.com
- Establish process and manage responses to customer, third-party and stakeholder inquiries, information requests, or surveys related to CSR activities.
- Working with Investor Relations, direct disclosures and outreach to ESG rating agencies to insure accuracy of their ESG assessments.
- Create and present evidence-based written and visual summaries of CSR performance for internal and external audiences, including executive dashboards, scorecards, slide decks and reports.
- Track and monitor development of country-specific non-financial reporting requirements (e.g., UK Modern Slavery Act) and work with appropriate compliance groups to ensure we are effectively meeting our obligations.
- Analyze CSR performance leveraging internal reporting and external assessments and proactively recommend and drive reporting improvements based on identified performance gaps, emerging requirements, market trends and external benchmarking.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Experience developing and/or implementing CSR and/or ESG reporting and disclosure initiatives for public companies
- Experience influencing leaders to develop and implement business practices that support CSR objectives
- Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision for corporate citizenship into executable strategies and initiatives
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate team to achieve reporting and disclosure objectives
- Demonstrated experience sharing and/or presenting relevant information with applicable internal and external stakeholders through multiple channels
- Experience compiling, analyzing and synthesizing information from multiple sources and summarizing it in a compelling way that helps highlight corporate organizational goals and objectives
- Experience making proactive recommendations that will drive reporting improvements based on identified performance gaps, emerging requirements, market trends and external benchmarking
- Experience establishing process and manage responses to customers, third-party and stakeholder inquiries, information requests, or surveys
To view the full job description and apply
- Visit Wells Fargo Careers Site: wellsfargo.com/careers
- Click on Search Jobs and Search Jobs Now
- Within the Job Opening ID field enter number 5427286, and click on Search