What you’ll be doing…
Verizon’s Social Responsibility team acts as a strategic advisor to each Verizon business unit, assisting them in implementing responsible business strategies. The team seeks a manager to help evolve and execute Verizon’s social responsibility strategy, with a focus on digital inclusion and data responsibility, and to develop partnerships and initiatives that leverage Verizon’s core capabilities and solutions to drive both business and societal value.
This is a new position that supports the CEO’s vision to strengthen Verizon’s position as a socially responsible company. The role requires the ability to build effective external and internal partnerships. The external partnerships will help to drive impact in line with Verizon’s social responsibility priorities. The internal partnerships will help business unit colleagues implement measures that strengthen responsible business practices.
- Lead the creation and delivery of a portfolio of initiatives that drive action toward Verizon’s social responsibility priorities.
- Strengthen our impact on the SDGs, and build our brand, particularly around digital inclusion and data responsibility issues.
- Establish long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with stakeholders from the private, public and civil society sectors that simultaneously drive business and social value – ‘shared value’.
- Design external programmatic engagements such as thought leadership, research, events, and sponsorships, in close coordination with internal partners such as Communications, Public Policy, Marketing and other colleagues.
- Shape Verizon’s approach to digital inclusion and data responsibility, supporting the Director on strategy development, and working with business units to create buy in and support.
- Design creative ways to inspire senior leaders inside Verizon to both ‘think differently’ about the role of business in social impact, and drive action through innovative business models and practices.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the business units, helping them build capacity for social innovation, intrapreneurship, and shared value partnerships around social responsibility priorities.
- Design and implement policies, processes, tools and educational materials that improve the ability for Verizon business units to collaborate for societal impact.
- Support creation of frameworks for reporting and measurement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external organizations and influencers whose perspectives are important in shaping the social responsibility landscape.
- Represent Verizon at events and conferences in order to increase our visibility, connect with potential partners, learn about best practices, and secure new resources to power our work.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Four or more years of experience working in the corporate responsibility space, particularly focused on driving market-based approaches to social impact.
- Knowledge of human-centered design and its application to programming – from products and services to program and business-model design.
- Knowledge of product development and product management processes.
- Knowledge of emerging trends in social innovation, partnerships and social responsibility, particularly as they relate to the ICT industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Effective analytical and reasoning skills to structure partnership models and handle technical, contractual and financial challenges.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.