Do you have a passion for corporate social responsibility and storytelling? Join a company that is a recognized leader in corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability. The Senior Director, CSR Strategy & Communications, leads Hasbro’s CSR practice and all internal and external efforts in communicating and formally reporting Hasbro’s CSR and ESG progress. This includes strategic goal-setting, driving CSR performance, and leading Hasbro’s public disclosure and reporting strategy.
At Hasbro, we play and entertain with purpose! We are using our business as a force for good and building a safer, more sustainable company and world for all. We’re passionate about play and protecting our planet and conserving natural resources for future generations, including pursuing innovative ways to reduce our environmental impacts across our value chain. We are proud to have been recognized for the last 10 consecutive years as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies and as one of the 100 Best Corporate Citizens, by CR Magazine!
A day in the life as a Senior Director, CSR Strategy & Communications:
- CSR/ESG Reporting: As a member of the Hasbro Global Purpose Organization, lead Hasbro’s CSR/ESG reporting and disclosure practices. Including (i) public disclosures of CSR/ESG data (annually on the Hasbro CSR site), (ii) Hasbro’s comprehensive CSR reporting (every 2-3 years), and (iii) Hasbro’s Materiality Assessment (every 3 years).
- CSR Communications, Corporate Reputation and Issues Management: Lead all internal and external CSR communications, reporting, and storytelling. Develop and execute a long-term communications strategy to elevate and maintain Hasbro’s corporate reputation while mitigating issues. Support issues management and crisis communications and preparedness by providing advice and counsel impacting corporate and brand reputation on a full spectrum of CSR and ESG issues from sustainability and social justice to product safety, responsible content, and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Brand Purpose Center of Excellence: Lead the Purpose COE by proactively engaging with members of cross functional teams to find opportunities to tell brand product, content, and digital gaming stories that reinforce Hasbro’s purpose and values. Lead issues/crisis management of brand issues that may arise. Ensure alignment with Hasbro values and Purpose. Drive internal consistency and positioning across corporate and brand expressions. Protect the reputation of the impacted brand as well as Hasbro’s corporate reputation.
- Cross-company Partnership and Collaboration: Closely partner with the Purpose Comms lead, Hasbro Brand Publicity, eOne Comms, and Wizards of the Coast Comms, on all communications. This includes overall strategy and execution of Purpose-led brand and entertainment plans, launches, cause marketing campaigns, philanthropic initiatives launches, and other key initiatives across the company.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree a plus.
- 15+ years of experience in CSR with strong communications/storytelling skills, preferably for a global, publicly-held company.
- Passion, energy, and excellence in CSR and Purpose Storytelling and Public Reporting. Proven understanding of CSR reporting standards, including GRI and SASB.
- Understanding of geopolitical, environmental sustainability, social impact and social justice issues – how they are evolving and expectations of companies to address global and local issues.
- Ability to lead communications and issues management when an issue or crisis arises. This includes developing key messages and internal and external statements.
- Proven leadership skills. The ability to encourage, build consensus, and work collaboratively across all functions and at all levels of a global organization.
Please visit the Hasbro careers website.