Kosmos Energy is a well-capitalized, pure play deepwater oil and gas company with growing production, a pipeline of development opportunities, and a balanced exploration portfolio along the Atlantic Margins. Our assets include growing production offshore Ghana and Equatorial Guinea, a competitively positioned natural gas project in Mauritania and Senegal, and a sustainable exploration program balanced between proven basins (Equatorial Guinea), emerging basins (Mauritania, Senegal and Suriname) and frontier basins (Cote d’Ivoire and Sao Tome and Principe).
As an ethical and transparent company, Kosmos is committed to doing things the right way. The company’s Business Principles articulate our commitment to transparency, ethics, human rights, safety and the environment. Read more about this commitment in the Kosmos 2017 Corporate Responsibility Report. For additional information, visit www.kosmosenergy.com.
Kosmos Energy is seeking a Senior Communications Specialist who can help the company promote its business interests, enhance global employee engagement, and protect its positive global reputation. The Senior Communications Specialist will work with the Vice President of Corporate Communications to develop and implement integrated communication strategies in support of these business objectives.
Essential Job Duties:
- Write, edit and produce press releases, Q&A documents, talking points, website copy, presentations, brochures and other materials; Create infographics, illustrations, and multi- media content for websites and social media channels, including Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Research, write, and manage production of Kosmos Energy’s annual corporate responsibility report.
- Work with international offices to actively promote social investment initiatives, such as capacity building programs, charitable donations, environmental programs, sponsorships, and others
- Assist external affairs, operations, and leadership with maintaining crisis preparedness
- Support development and execution of internal communication strategy that drives the company’s growth agenda and reinforces culture/values
- Develop internal communication materials (intranet content, audio/video, print, presentations, infographics, etc.) to improve understanding of company strategy and enhance employee engagement
- Support HR team in creating, implementing and measuring company-wide campaigns to increase understanding of employee benefits, wellness programs, performance review processes, and other employee-focused initiatives
- Work closely with external affairs colleagues in the U.S. and abroad to ensure initiatives, actions, and messages are consistent.
- Partner with HR colleagues in the U.S. and abroad to build Kosmos’ reputation in all markets as a preferred employer and great place to work
- Collaborate with agency colleagues as needed to execute campaigns/programs, and ensure global strategic alignment
- Minimum 4-7 years of newspaper, corporate communications, or agency experience
- High proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Demonstrated project management experience
Professional and Personal Attributes:
- Skilled writer who can adjust his or her writing style to fit a variety of channels and circumstances
- Creative storyteller with the ability to combine text, images, graphics and videos to tell interesting stories
- Entrepreneurial with an interest in international affairs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Exceptional productivity skills. Can be relied on to get the job done accurately and on time.
- Has little need for close management supervision and direction, and is comfortable and effective in an informal operating environment.
- Proven ability to collaborate with team and generate solutions
- Must be an energetic self-starter with a passion for their work. An engaged, “hands on” team player.
- Ability to handle and protect sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner
- Must be able to work with diverse employees, partners and governments from all parts of the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., English, Journalism, Communications) Travel Required:
Position requires approximately 25% travel domestic and international.
Must be able to move around the office up to 25% of the time for meetings, to make copies, scan, file, etc.; Remains stationary at least 75% of the time. This position operates computers and other office productivity machines (e.g., copier, printer, etc.) on a regular basis. Occasionally required to move documents or files weighing up to 25 lbs.
Interested candidates should submit a CV to email@example.com. No agencies please. We will contact you if we believe that your skills and experience potentially match your requested position.