Founded in Marseille in 1966 by Pierre Bellon, Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 64 countries, Sodexo serves 100 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Services, Benefits & Rewards Services and Personal & Home Services. Sodexo provides clients an integrated offering developed over more than 50 years of experience: from foodservices, reception, maintenance and cleaning, to facilities and equipment management; from services and programs fostering employees’ engagement to solutions that simplify and optimize their mobility and expenses management, to in-home assistance, child care centers and concierge services. Sodexo’s success and performance are founded on its independence, its sustainable business model and its ability to continuously develop and engage its 420,000 employees throughout the world. Sodexo promotes the fulfilment of our employees and contributes to the economic, social and environmental development of the local communities with which we work.
The Resource Efficiency Manager will be a member of a central and multi-cultural team working on Sodexo’ Sustainability Roadmap. In this role, you will be responsible for several key elements of Sodexo’s waste reduction and circular economy strategy, as follows:
- Support the development of the philosophy and overall approach of Sodexo to reduce waste/ improve resource efficiency.
- Focus on the support of key initiatives and projects related to food waste prevention and plastic reduction as a way of differentiating Sodexo and driving business growth and client retention.
- Facilitate the internal and external communications of Sodexo’s corporate responsibility position on resource efficiency in conjunction with internal stakeholders. Capture and report on key initiatives and progress as a way of making a positive effect on how Sodexo’s corporate responsibility position is perceived externally. Work with regions and country entities to drive demonstrable impact and reporting and fortify Sodexo’s position as a corporate responsibility leader.
- Work closely with the Group Corporate Responsibility team and relevant internal stakeholders to achieve our key environmental commitments related to resource efficiency.
- Engage with other departments to ensure that resource efficiency is embedded in relevant strategies, initiatives, and operational procedures
- Support other priority corporate responsibility projects and initiatives as required (e.g. Responsible Sourcing, Sustainable Eating)
- Support management of key NGO partnerships (e.g. WWF)
- Support responses to ESG rating agencies (DJSI, CDP, EcoVadis, etc) and support client requests and tenders
- Collaborate with Communications on Sodexo’s annual WasteLESS Week campaign or other campaigns related to resource efficiency
- Support the Corporate Responsibility performance and metrics team in annual data collection processes on waste and responsible sourcing related topics
- Stay abreast of emerging trends in the corporate responsibility field including innovative new ways to maximize the reach of our corporate responsibility efforts
- 2+ years of professional experience related to sustainability in the food or facility management industry, preference for experience related to waste prevention
- Master’s degree related to Sustainable Development
- Fluent in English and strong writing skills, French skills a plus.
- Strategic and analytical thinking is essential
- Critical thinking (and innovation) - mission-driven and committed to positive change, but pragmatic. The ability to ask the right questions from a variety of different perspectives and to interrogate the options. A solid understanding of the business landscape, as well as the trends in technology, science and socio-economics.
- Creativity (and adaptability) - being able to tell and sell sustainability stories, both internally and externally, inspire teams to deliver pioneering and unexpected approaches to entrenched social challenges.
- Influencing (and negotiation) - being adept at navigating a large corporate structure and an effective and persuasive communicator.
- Emotional intelligence - interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Proactive, reliable when working independently and generally enthusiastic.