Verizon’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team is responsible for implementing the company’s responsible business strategy. The team seeks a Measurement and Evaluation Manager responsible for the development and oversight of a corporate sustainability performance scorecard that measures Verizon’s key economic, environmental and social impacts in support of the new CEO’s vision to position Verizon as a sustainable company. This position also oversees rigorous, objective research regarding the social impact of the Verizon Innovative Learning (VIL) initiatives to evaluate program effectiveness, provide insights for program enhancements, and substantiate impact data for use in communications and reporting.
As the Manager, you will be experienced in metrics and scorecard development and well-versed in applying analytical principles to identify trends and patterns to develop insights associated with programs. You will provide actionable information and direction that assists the team in measuring and maximizing the impact of its programs. You will also be an effective problem-solver, with a history of turning disparate data into actionable insights.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Oversee Verizon’s responsible business measurement and reporting function:
- Develop a deep understanding of each business team’s responsible business goals and work collaboratively to oversee scorecard and metrics creation, target setting, and results reporting.
- Collect results data from business teams and partners and perform independent, unbiased analysis of the results.
- Integrate department-specific scorecard data into master scorecards for review by executive committees.
- Provide business teams with objective feedback on the strengths and opportunities for improvement associated with their initiatives.
- Continuously research and evaluate evolving corporate responsibility metrics best practices and apply relevant learnings to improve our ability to measure the impact of our programs.
Oversee the Verizon Innovative Learning (VIL) education program measurement and reporting
- Work closely with the VIL program teams to provide oversight and expertise on the performance measurement model, metrics, and results reporting.
- Manage the independent evaluation of strategic education programs conducted by third-party evaluators.
- Collect results data from internal teams and partners and performing independent, unbiased analysis of the results.
- Provide program team with objective feedback on the strengths and opportunities for improvement associated with their programs.
Other Initiatives and Reporting:
- Support measurement and evaluation for various functions and initiatives within the Corporate Responsibility team as needed.
- Publish scorecards for responsible business practice initiatives and VIL programs. Support the development of the annual corporate responsibility report and oversee and validate all metrics and data inputs.
- Periodically represent Verizon in strategic external forums to describe our responsibility strategy, measurement program and to share results that demonstrate the social value we are creating.
Desired Skills and Experience
You’ll need to have…
- A Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience developing a metrics strategy, as well as the technical skills associated with data analysis, regression analysis, systematic sampling and mean-variance analysis.
- Exceptional project management, problem solving, collaboration, and oral and written communication skills; experience preparing materials and presenting complex analyses to non- technical audiences at all levels.
- Experience developing, directing and managing metrics programs.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Google Suite and experienced presenting information in a clear and logical manner.
- Flexibility to travel and attend conferences/events during non-traditional work schedules as needed.
Even better if you have…
- A Master’s degree.
- Understanding of the telecommunications industry and Verizon’s strategy and products and services.
- Familiarity with corporate responsibility best practices and stakeholder expectations.
- Keen analytical ability and quantitative skills – capable of reviewing data and spotting trends and patterns that can improve the effectiveness of programs and challenge assumptions and results in a collaborative way.
- A high level of resiliency and the ability to adapt to a continuously evolving environment.
- Experience as a self-starter, capable of balancing multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines.
- A passion for the work and the desire to assist Verizon in enhancing its reputation as a socially responsible corporation.