The ascena Responsibility department serves as a catalyst and driver for new programs and initiatives that support ascena Retail Group Inc.’s long range CR objectives, in order to advance the Company’s brand reputation and purpose-led strategy. The CR department drives sustainable practices and awareness, raising initiatives to internal associates and to Supply Chain partners enabling their commitment and participation, as well as externally to the communities we serve. The Manager – Supply Chain Environmental Sustainability will join the CR team in our Hong Kong corporate office, reporting directly to the Director - ascena Responsibility. This role will be supporting the CR team to execute Supply Chain Environmental Sustainability programs from the long range plan. He/she will work closely with our sourcing partners and suppliers to drive environmental sustainability performance in accordance with the Group’s Code of Conduct for Merchandise Suppliers, as well as the environmental reduction targets set in the long range CR objectives.
Supply-Chain Program Management of Environmental Sustainability
- Assist in the development and management of the environmental sustainability supply chain programs with roadmap on finished goods and fabric suppliers.
- Identify KPIs to collect, measure and analyze the performance.
- Liaise internally to obtain support to drive the programs.
- Communicate with vendors on their performance with scorecard and regular communications.
Supply-Chain Program Implementation and Collaboration with Industry Initiatives
- Assist in identifying the right tool to manage the environmental risks and footprint reduction opportunities within the Supply Chain.
- Assess Supply Chain’s Environmental Sustainability performance, using SAC – Higg FEM tool and drive positive impact to the environment.
- Develop necessary capacity building tools collaboratively with industry partners to suppliers to achieve the industry and ascena’s expectation.
- Evaluate the supply chain performance and follow-up with suppliers on Corrective Action Plans when needed.
Research, Analysis, Education and Reporting
- Conduct market research and benchmarking on Environmental Sustainability initiatives to support strategy development.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Environmental or Science related fields
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in supply chain management, or retail/ sourcing industries
- Familiarity with Higg Index and engagement with SAC are preferable
- Strong leadership and executive presence when meeting with internal executives and suppliers’ top management
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt quickly to the ever changing needs of our business
- Strong strategic and critical thinker; thoughtful in approach and presence
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Strong written and spoken English and Mandarin, required
- Strong analytical skill
- Occasional travel is required