Would you like to play a key role in driving our sustainability efforts and strengthening the Responsible Sourcing and Corporate Human Rights program of the world’s biggest jewellery company? And are you looking for a strong platform for further professional development in an environment where the sustainability agenda will directly support business performance? If yes, keep reading!
Subject matter expert on responsible sourcing and human rights In 2020, we took important steps to update our Responsible Sourcing program, as well as align our corporate sustainability practices with the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
The Corporate Sustainability team is now looking for an experienced Manager to act as Pandora Group’s subject matter expert on responsible sourcing and human rights, managing relevant workstreams and developing critical working partnerships across the business to ultimately minimise risk and accelerate positive impact for people touched by our business. In this role, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Collaborate with Corporate Sustainability and Supply Chain to develop and manage the Responsible Sourcing program’s strategy and objectives
- Update Responsible Sourcing policies and guidance as needed and advise the Responsible Sourcing team based in Thailand on their implementation via supplier selection and overall sourcing decision-making
- Work directly with the Responsible Sourcing team to manage high-risk suppliers and crisis management
- Coordinate the biannual Responsible Sourcing Committee to review policy, audit updates and business decision-making
- Assist annual reviews by Internal Audit of the RS program’s integrity from a process, controls and governance standpoint
- Develop and manage the Group’s Human Rights program, ensuring implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights across our full value chain, prioritising parts of the business where potential and actual risks to people are most severe
- Working with Compliance/Legal to stay abreast of existing and forthcoming legislation that touches on human rights
- Manage implementation of Pandora Human Rights Policy via ongoing human rights due diligence, grievance mechanisms and remedy, stakeholder engagement, and human rights reporting
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to help identify and manage improvements
Your new team
Pandora is a company with a big heart that takes great pride in treating its people well. You will be part of an exciting business area and work in an international hub of can-do spirited, passionate and performance-driven people. The Corporate Sustainability team is based in the Corporate Communication & Sustainability function at Pandora’s Global Head Office in Copenhagen, Denmark. The Manager, Responsible Sourcing and Human Rights will report to the Director, Corporate Sustainability.
Performance-driven attitude, the ability to drive impact and a collaborative mindset We recognise, that it takes winning personalities to create winning cultures, and we believe it is essential that you bring a performance-driven attitude, an ability to drive impact, a collaborative mindset and the highest level of integrity. In addition, we hope to see that you bring:
- A hands-on, can-do attitude combined with an ability to work strategically and seize opportunities The ability to work with stakeholders at all levels
- A holistic mindset and the ability to see the bigger picture
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An international mindset, preferably developed from living in several countries
Furthermore, we believe that professionals with the following experience and skillsets are well-suited for this position:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience managing corporate supply chain sustainability and business and human rights topics including ongoing due diligence, either in consulting or in-house roles
- Demonstrated success as a project manager, including process formalisation and operationalisation
- Solid grasp of relevant human rights and labour rights standards
- Demonstrated experience working with international teams
- Ability to develop strong and collaborative working relationships
- Professional proficiency in English, both in understanding, speaking and writing
- Experience working in the fast-moving consumer products industry is considered an advantage 8 Experience with standards and organisations relevant to metals and minerals supply chains (such as RJC, LBMA, IRMA, RMI and OECD Due Diligence Guidance) is preferred.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Recruiter, Global Office HR
+44 774 784 8815
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora’s future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational—and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 28,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 21.9 billion (EUR 2.9 billion) in 2019.