At Disney, we are proud to be one of the most admired companies in the world, respected not just for what we create, but also for how we conduct ourselves as responsible citizens. To this end, our measures of success include our impact on the environment and efforts to protect our planet, how we operate our businesses, our contributions to local communities and other worthy causes, the value we place on diversity and inclusion, and our commitment to the well-being and advancement of our employees. As a diverse and global company operating in many industries, Disney considers a wide and complex set of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) issues. As part of the Disney Enterprise Social Responsibility team, you’ll work alongside the best to help steward and shape the social responsibility work for the world’s largest entertainment company. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills for good.
We are seeking a Manager, Research and Reporting that will serve as a key member of the Social Responsibility team working to strengthen the company’s CSR strategy with a focus on Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) disclosure, reporting, and stakeholder engagement. Working closely with our segments, regions, and corporate departments, the role will play a prominent role in leading the company’s reporting practices including materiality assessments, ESG disclosures, and the company’s annual CSR report. The Manager will also oversee the regular review of data summarized by ESG firms and rating agencies, and make recommendations to strengthen Disney’s position as appropriate. The Manager will have a unique opportunity to serve as an integral thought partner to the CSR leadership and Investor Relations team, helping translate stakeholder interests, material data points, and key trends into strategy that will shape the future of Disney CSR.
Core Duties may include the following:
- The manager will be responsible for strengthening TWDC’s strategy on ESG reporting, disclosures, and stakeholder engagement.
- Lead TWDC’s reporting practices including public disclosures of CSR/ESG data, TWDC’s CSR strategy, and materiality assessment.
- Collaborate closely with Investor Relations, Global Public Policy, D&I, HR, and other departments to stay abreast of priorities for ESG.
- Oversee the regular review of TWDC data summarized by ESG firms and rating agencies; support TWDC submission process where applicable.
- Serve as integral thought partner to support the development of new ESG-related targets for the company, working with internal teams across the enterprise to do so (e.g., environmental team).
- The manager will also lead Disney CSR brand research and work with programs teams to strengthen program KPI dashboards.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in increasing responsibility in CSR and /or ESG reporting (large publicly-held corporation, rating firms, CSR agency)
- Expertise in Microsoft office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of various reporting frameworks (e.g., GRI, SASB, CDP) and/or investor-preferred evaluations (e.g., MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS)
- In depth knowledge of various reporting frameworks (e.g., GRI, SASB, CDP) and/or investor-preferred evaluations (e.g., MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS)
- GRI (or equivalent) certification
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Demonstrated strategic development skills
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree