Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Influences key stakeholders across BT to support and implement BT’s position on human and digital rights - BT wide and global remit.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead on human and digital rights internal policy development and adherence in BT & subsidiaries globally.
- Mitigate BT’s risks in relation to human and digital rights.
- Support UK & global internal risk reporting to meet CSRB oversight requirements.
- Research and evaluate best practice in human and digital rights and aims to align internally.
- Point of contact within BT for advice and guidance in relation to human and digital rights issues.
- Advise on day to day human and digital rights issues globally.
- Develop BT’ position on human and digital right.
We’ll also need to see these on your CV
- Work with internal stakeholders in GS, Compliance and Communications.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to raise awareness and further develop BT’s position and profile on human and digital rights.
- Excellent Analytical and Communication skills / Experience of speaking at external engagements .
- Programme management skills.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Expert knowledge of human and digital rights issues.
- Expert Knowledge of the human and digital rights standards and other jurisdictions necessary.
Why choose us?
Born in 1846, we’ve led the way in telecommunications since the dawn of the industry. Our roots go back to the first telecommunications company in the UK and over the last two centuries, we’ve innovated, challenged and pioneered the way we communicate and connect across the globe.
Now we’re undergoing one of the biggest transformations in our history. In almost every area of BT, we’re shaking things up and looking for new ways to do what we do best – delivering amazing things for our customers, while constantly striving to make BT a brilliant place to work for our people.
It means there’s a lot happening but it’s an exciting time to be part of our team. So, if you have the drive, optimism and resilience to help propel us forward we’ll offer a wealth of opportunities to learn, experience new things and pursue new careers. If that’s you and what you’re looking for, we’d love you to be part of our future.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.