Bank of America’s Global Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Group supports the company’s responsible growth strategy by working with lines of business and support groups to integrate ESG leadership into everything we do. The Global Environmental Group – part of the ESG Group – is responsible for developing and executing the bank’s environmental strategy.
The position of ESG Program Director, ESG Risk Management, is responsible for working closely with the bank’s lines of business and support groups to manage ESG risks in our business and operations activities, including supply chain management.
This individual will work with teammates to fully implement our new Environmental and Social Risk Policy Framework; evaluate environmental and social risks in the bank’s business activities; and undertake transaction review and make recommendations when social risks are present in client activities. Importantly, this role will engage with stakeholders (e.g., investors, NGOs, clients) on environmental and social issues and identity important emerging trends that need to be evaluated and addressed. In addition, this individual will work with the bank’s Third Party Management team to enhance supplier sustainability in the company’s supply chain management process.
An ideal candidate for this position will have extensive experience managing environmental and social risks in financial services or other corporate settings, and in particular, will have strong global expertise in social risks such as human rights. Candidates must have a proven track record of success within complex, matrix-ed organizations.
In addition, appropriate candidates will be focused on ensuring outcomes – able to develop strategy but also willing and able to roll-up their sleeves to tactically execute plans and programs. The Global Environmental Group is a team of peers, each with specialized skills, requiring all teammates to work collaboratively and use their matrix-management skills to work with other groups across the bank.
Some travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree; Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business or finance strongly desired
- Extensive experience in financial services or other corporate risk management, with a focus on environmental and social risks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, collaboration and influencing skills, demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to present effectively before senior management and to work effectively across multiple levels and types of employees
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and other business technologies an absolute must
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at once