Fortinet’s business model is based on innovating highly efficient, integrated cybersecurity solutions, which makes environmental sustainability a priority for us. We strive to minimize the lifecycle impacts of our hardware infrastructure and cloud-based security services and are committed to minimizing our overall impact on the environment across our operations and supply chain. In this context, Fortinet is seeking an Environmental Sustainability Manager to join its CSR team for managing, standardizing and improving our environmental sustainability programs across our value chain.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop, implement, and report on Fortinet’s various environmental programs and initiatives. You will work closely with facilities to ensure Fortinet meets all applicable regulatory requirements and product environmental compliance to improve environmental aspects related to Climate Change, Pollution Prevention and Energy Consumption.
You have hands-on experience in the implementation of an Environmental Management System and can demonstrate previous success in driving change across business units, engaging employees and meeting objectives and KPIs.
Role And Responsibilities
- Understand and manage climate change related risks and opportunities for our business ; analyze our value chain and product lifecycle to identify opportunities for minimizing our environmental footprint
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee environmental programs related to Fortinet’s operations and broader value chain, including but not limited to tracking and minimizing energy use, GHG emissions, water use, and waste. Adapt approach and execution to meet our ambitions and specific objectives
- Collaborate closely with the different departments of the company, such as R&D, Facilities and Supply Chain, to integrate environmental best practices into functional activities; set action plans and metrics to meet specific objectives and KPIs
- Define and implement our Environmental Management System aligned with ISO14001 and collect/consolidate environmental related data across our value chain
- Set and communicate baseline environmental expectations to our suppliers and business partners and engage with them to continuously improve performance on material environmental issues
- Watch the evolution of existing and emerging environmental laws and regulations
- Develop and deliver educational content and training on Environment and Climate best practices and raise internal awareness on those issues
- Work with the CSR team to address requests and CSR reporting requirements from external stakeholders including rating agencies or global reporting frameworks.
Skills And Experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in environmental management
- Demonstrated practical experience in initiating and driving environmental sustainability efforts, preferably with technology companies or sustainability consultancy
- Master degree in EHS, Environmental Science or Sustainability or related field required
- Expertise in EMS and setting/tracking environmental targets and KPIs
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills with ability to evaluate corporate performance
- Advanced knowledge of environmental regulatory agencies, laws and certification requirements such as ISO14001
- Past experience in environmental reporting against global frameworks such as CDP, GRI, SASB, TCFD, etc
- Experience in engaging and collaborating cross-functionally, with internal and external managers and stakeholders, to drive execution of action plans
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently under tight deadlines and adjust priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-driven with strong organizational and project management skills
- Passionate about sustainability issues and how to make a positive impact
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security features without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks number one in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 450,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fortinet is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our company, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.