Orbia Advance Corporation is a Purpose-led company with big aspirations. We are out to advance life around the world while maximizing value to our shareholders, customers and employees. The Company is passionate about the topics that define how people will live and thrive tomorrow: the future of cities, buildings, agriculture, and materials. Orbia Advance Corporation has five business groups which offer innovative solutions across multiple industries including building and infrastructure, data communications, chemicals and more. In 2018, Orbia Advance Corporation bought a majority stake in Israeli-based Netafim, the world’s leader in drip irrigation, and is helping the world ‘grow more with less’ as it helps to solve food and water scarcity. Orbia Advance Corporation has operations in 41 countries with more than 22,000 employees.
We started as a producer of commodities and have evolved to become a provider of innovative solutions that address the global issues of rapid urbanization, water and food scarcity, and a growing and aging population. We’re already a global leader in Polymers, Fluor, Building & Infrastructure, Datacom, and Precision Irrigation. We have embarked on a CEO-led transformation, as part of our journey to become a truly purpose-led, future fit company.
Main purpose of job:
Reporting to Orbia’s Vice President of Sustainability, the Director of Environmental Responsibility will be responsible for building and executing an industry-leading sustainability program that minimizes negative impacts on the environment, while maximizing positive benefits; matches or exceeds best practices for reporting; and facilitates external partnerships that build collaboration and learning. This role will be held by a visible leader of our sustainability programs and will champion our work internally within Business Groups and externally with peer companies and stakeholders.
- Develop and drive implementation of the environmental components of Orbia’s Sustainability strategy; achieving internal consensus on roadmaps to achieve the Company’s long-term sustainability goals.
- Align, inform, and inspire colleagues to help fulfill the Company’s strategic environmental objectives by regularly communicating progress and fostering collaboration between businesses to accelerate progress when needed.
- Develop specific strategies, including, but not limited: greenhouse gas emissions reduction, water efficiency and balance, waste reduction, circular economy, natural capital accounting.
- Conduct life cycle analysis assessments.
- Produce progress reports for VP of Sustainability and Leadership Team.
- Drive key partnerships, memberships and engagements with external partners that both support execution of the Company’s environmental commitments and help move the industry in the same direction.
- Foster a culture of cross pollination of best practices as well as crowd-sourcing solutions in all matters environment.
- Continuously assess evolving environmental best practices and use relevant learning to improve the Company’s programs, impact and reporting.
- Lead to aggregate and consolidate environmental information for inquiries from investors, ratings organizations and disclosure agencies.
- Stays informed of environmental compliance of Business Groups, and alongside EHS and Legal areas, maps potential risks, and advices Sustainability VP and all leadership team on needs regarding environmental compulsory and voluntary trends globally.
- Highest standards of personal ethics and integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred. Field of study preferably chemical engineering, environmental science, chemical engineering, or equivalent field. Very good understanding of the chemical industry and chemical processes is a must.
- Minimum Fifteen years of combined experience in environmental health, sustainability and/or environmental policy.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in sustainability within a large organization, or proof of significant influence of practice change in private sector.
- Excellent strategic planning and project management skills and experience managing large, complex projects.
- Demonstrates alignment with Orbia’s Purpose, Core Values and leadership capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships with diverse individuals.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment, across several geographies.
- Able to represent the Company effectively in industry and multi-stakeholder coalitions, working groups and membership organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Comfortable working with senior management and partners at all levels within the Company.
- Agent and manager of change; a strategic executive who seeks to break down barriers and identify new and more effective ways to accomplish goals.
- Ability to manage teams by influence, and to operate effectively in a matrixed and cross-functional environment.
- Native or Advanced Professional Proficiency in English a must.
- Elementary Proficiency in Spanish.
- Additional languages a bonus.
- Willingness to travel at least 40% of the time.
Location and Travel
- The position is to be based preferably in Mexico City. Boston, Amsterdam or Tel Aviv are the other options for location.
- This position requires at least 40% travel, with trips being decided upon sometimes with very few days notice. High flexibility of travel is required.
Main Key Required competencies:
- Taking decisions
- Leading Change
- Passion for results
- Adopting Change
Application deadline: 18th November 2019
Benefits: Orbia Advance Corporation offers a competitive monthly salary and a strong benefits package, that impulse our employee´s to prosper, safeguard their future and to have a work-life balance. This package includes generous vacation, flexible working patterns, pension plan, short Friday, 13th month pay (Aguinaldo), and many others above the law.
At Orbia, our actions are driven by our values. One of them is to embrace diversity. Thus, we are an inclusive employer, our recruitment processes are fair and transparent. We believe that every voice matters. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, gender or other category, while respecting the Personal Data Protection Law.