What you’ll be doing…
This is a newly created position within Verizon designed to drive Socially Responsible Business practices into the enterprises’ DNA, inclusive of all business units and affiliates.
Socially Responsible Business practices are Verizon’s application of a set of measurable governing principles and procedures applicable to almost every aspect of our business operations—how we develop products and services for our customers, how we engage with stakeholders, how we meet the needs of our employees, how we manage our supply chain—that will allow us to deliver on our brand’s promise by earning customer trust, minimizing our environmental impact and benefitting society with our products and services.
This position, which reports to the Chief Corporate Social Responsible Business officer, has accountabilities in three key areas as noted below:
Creation of a detailed strategic plan that drives implementation of responsible practices across the enterprise. This plan must have specific, measurable actions relative to employees within each of the company’s leadership teams, i.e. the CEO’s direct reports. Inclusive in this must be detailed principles and procedures that must be deployed, and buy-in to those principles.
To accomplish this, the leader must be able to effectively partner across the enterprise to influence and align Socially Responsible Business practices within Verizon’s global strategy and with company non-financial indicators by:
- identifying new opportunities for value creation
- enhancing current initiatives
- agreeing on measurable outcomes
Direct management of a range of initiatives aligned with a Responsible Business Framework:
- Growth and Customers: how can responsibility drive business growth?
- Performance Excellence: how can responsibility reduce costs and enhance profitability?
- Trust: How can responsibility be used to build trust (transparency, engagement with stakeholders, engagement with our employees)?
- Within all of these components ensure as a whole that we have the organizational capabilities, structure and governance model in place to ensure success.
- Management of the governance model inclusive of the agenda and follow-ups for the Responsible Business Council (chaired by the CEO). Management of all outputs from the monthly executive steering committee tasked with driving socially responsible practices into the DNA of Verizon.
What we’re looking for…
This position requires a leader who:
- Understands stakeholder expectations for responsible business conduct and has a track record of driving responsible business practices within an enterprise.
- Has existing or can establish positive working relationships with other companies and organizations who are experts in Socially Responsible Business practices.
- Has worked successfully in a profit-and-loss position, and thus has a broad view of an enterprises’ revenue generating needs and go-to-market models.
- Has demonstrated success at using influence, collaboration, and accountability to drive initiatives across the organization.
In addition, this leader must be an individual who is:
- Capable of developing a new team, ensuring team members’ work and output is aligned with the enterprise’s managerial value system, thought processes and go-to-market models.
- A strong people-leader who holds their team accountable for results and outcomes that are time-stamped, aligned with strategy and business-impacting.
- Both strategic and tactical as demonstrated by the ability to ask probing questions for clarity, delve into the details of initiatives, and provide keen insight and strategic guidance to the team and others that result in specific and measurable outcomes.
- Able to see the big picture; identify/understand societal trends/challenges and relate them to Verizon’s strategy.
- A problem-solver as demonstrated by a track record of addressing difficult issues and working resiliently to provide solutions.
- A strong leader with a proven track record of driving change within a highly matrixed organization structure.
- Capable of building successful working relationships across the business and become a value-added partner within various work groups.
- Must be able to multi-task and move quickly across a number of initiatives while showingflexibility and resilienceand an ability to accept change and new inputs that might drive work in a new direction.
- Be willing to work closely and collaboratively with a supervisor building out a new program and initiative.
- A college degree with an MBA is preferred.
- Between 10-15 years experience in corporate America with a track record of demonstrated progression in responsibility, team development and output.
- Understanding of the Social Responsible Business space is highly preferred.
- Understanding of Supply Chains, Product Development is preferred.
- Existing relationships with external, and global organizations, in the environmental and sustainability space is preferred.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.