At Hasbro we’re changing the face of play and entertainment. We’re looking for people who want to explore, experiment and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of community, passion, integrity, creativity and inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+ years and we believe the best is yet to come.
Do you have a passion for corporate social responsibility and storytelling? Join a company that is a recognized leader in corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability. The Director, CSR leads Hasbro’s CSR practice and all internal and external efforts in communicating and formally reporting Hasbro’s CSR and ESG progress. This includes strategic goal-setting, driving CSR performance, and leading Hasbro’s public disclosure and reporting strategy.
At Hasbro, we play and entertain with purpose! We are using our business as a force for good and building a safer, more sustainable company and world for all. We’re passionate about play and protecting our planet and conserving natural resources for future generations, including pursuing innovative ways to reduce our environmental impacts across our value chain. We are proud to have been recognized for the last 10 consecutive years as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies and as one of the 100 Best Corporate Citizens, by CR Magazine!
A day in the life as a CSR Director:
- CSR/ESG Reporting: As a member of the Hasbro Global Purpose Organization, lead Hasbro’s CSR/ESG reporting and disclosure practices. Including (i) public disclosures of CSR/ESG data (annually on the Hasbro CSR site), (ii) Hasbro’s comprehensive CSR reporting (every 2-3 years), and (iii) Hasbro’s Materiality Assessment (every 3 years).
- CSR Communications, Corporate Reputation and Issues Management: Lead all internal and external CSR communications, reporting, and storytelling. Develop and execute a long-term communications strategy to elevate and maintain Hasbro’s corporate reputation while mitigating issues. Support issues management and crisis communications and preparedness by providing advice and counsel impacting corporate and brand reputation on a full spectrum of CSR and ESG issues from sustainability and social justice to product safety, responsible content, and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Cross-company Partnership and Collaboration: Closely partner with the Purpose Comms lead, Hasbro Brand Publicity, eOne Comms, and Wizards of the Coast Comms, on all communications. This includes overall strategy and execution of Purpose-led brand and entertainment plans, launches, cause marketing campaigns, philanthropic initiatives launches, and other key initiatives across the company.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree a plus.
- 15+ years of experience in CSR, preferably for a global, publicly-held company.
- Passion, energy, and excellence in CSR and Purpose Storytelling and Public Reporting. Proven understanding of CSR reporting standards, including GRI and SASB.
- Understanding of geopolitical, environmental sustainability, social impact and social justice issues – how they are evolving and expectations of companies to address global and local issues.
- Proven leadership skills. The ability to encourage, build consensus, and work collaboratively across all functions and at all levels of a global organization.
For more details about our CSR and Sustainability progress and recognition, please visit: https://csr.hasbro.com/en-us.
Hasbro’s world-class brands and talented people are our greatest assets. One of the ways we invest in you is through a competitive and contemporary benefits package. Your particular benefits package will depend on your position, location, local legal requirements and years with the company. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Half-day Fridays year round, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Team Hasbro Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Toy Discounts and more!
Hasbro is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Please visit the Hasbro careers website.