The Data Analysis Manager for the Impact team will play a critical role in Fair Trade USA’s work to define, measure, and communicate impact. The position will manage the day to day data analysis of ongoing survey research, develop, and support Impact Team operational infrastructure and data reporting as well as offer data-driven insights across all FT programs within the purview of the role of the Impact Team organizationally.
The ideal candidate for the role will have excellent data analytics, statistical analysis, and visualization/presentation skills. The candidate needs to have a proven understanding of monitoring and evaluation systems and data analysis in a global and developing country context. He/she will be a strategic thinker who can proactively identify how multiple, large datasets piece together as well as be skilled in survey design and analysis. He/she is a strong communicator who can, not only design, develop and implement a data analysis plan, but also support creation of messaging and interpretation of results for a range of internal and external audiences.
Among Fair Trade USA’s core values are fairness, community, and personal development. Fair Trade USA is committed to inclusive and equitable hiring practices and offers a generous benefits package, including flexible scheduling and a retirement savings match plan.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage Analysis and Storage of Sampled Data
- Develop data systems and storage solutions in collaboration with other teams, particularly Data Team and Tech Team.
- Design data analysis linkages between survey, audit, Fair Trade Premium, and certification data to evaluate the system.
- Take on large-scale historical data projects to mine for insights and reporting.
- Deliver results and insights internally and externally as needed.
- Incorporate learnings from deep dive research projects and organization-level analyses into the overall framework.
- Provide product guidance on data systems, governance, and reporting.
- Summarize (and often present) results of analyses for variety of audiences.
- Support Director in collaboration with external parties and consultants .
- Advise on piloting new survey technologies and partnerships for data collection, as needed.
Support the Evolution of the Impact Management System:
- Support the on-going evolution of Fair Trade USA’s Impact Management System, from the Theory of Change and results chains to identification of indicators and data collection strategies.
- In close collaboration with the Impact Director, work to develop and integrate data systems and reporting infrastructures related to the causal pathways of the Theory of Change.
- Co-develop updates to the global impact data collection strategy: survey methodology, KPIs, measurement frequency & technology tools.
- Develop metrics for monitoring methodology and cadence for revisions to capture systems. Organizational Leadership, and Planning
- Support the Impact Director on strategy, operational plans, and budgets for the Impact team as needed.
- Collaborate and communicate clearly with teams across the organization, including supporting synergies and opportunities for collaboration within the broader Standards and Impact team.
- Build and manage relationships with M&E experts and peer organizations.
- Work closely with Senior Manager, Operations in order to support project management and implementation. Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Four to six years of relevant experience in data analytics, statistical modeling, and data visualization, with experience in quantitative as well as qualitative data analysis particularly in international development contexts.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferred) in a related field such as Statistics, Data Science, Public Health, International Development, Economics/Development Economics.
- High degree of proficiency SPSS/STATA, SQL, Tableau, Excel, as well as MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and relevant internet applications.
- Strong analytical, evaluation and methodological skills (i.e., economics, statistics, M&E).
- Ability to synthesize and present complex data in a simple, meaningful way, particularly using visual tools and creating presentations, reports, and working with other teams (Data Team and Tech Team) to present data in a meaningful way.
- Experience collaborating and communicating effectively and respectfully with diverse professionals and cultures, with excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a flexible, yet fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment, able to meet deadlines and share progress regularly via key performance indicators.
- Strong Spanish skills at the conversational level preferred. Other language proficiencies are welcomed.
- Familiarity with social and environmental certifications is a plus.
- Experience living and/or working in developing regions is a plus.
- A passion for Fair Trade USA’s mission, vision, and accomplishments.
- Strong work ethic, and likes to have fun on the job.
- Solve problems creatively, being judicious of time and resources.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the attention of Sarah Binion, Impact Director.