What you’ll be doing…
Verizon’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team acts as a strategic advisor to each Verizon business unit, assisting them in implementing responsible business strategies. The team seeks a Manager to 1. Help evolve and execute Verizon’s SR strategy, 2. Advise on and help develop responsible business practices/guidelines for all of Verizon’s core business operations, and 3. Partner with business units to implement the practices/guidelines, embedding a responsible business ethic into the operational DNA of the entire business.
This is a new position that supports the CEO’s vision to strengthen Verizon’s position as a socially responsible company. The role requires the ability to build effective external and internal partnerships. The external partnerships will help to identify emerging societal trends, expectations of business and build stakeholder trust. The internal partnerships will help business unit colleagues implement measures that strengthen responsible business practices.
- Regularly analyze Verizon’s performance and progress toward meeting social responsibility goals and best practices; recommend and drive improvements based on performance gaps, emerging requirements, market trends, and external benchmarking.
- Serve as a trusted advisor assisting Verizon business units in thoughtfully reviewing operations against Verizon’s responsible business standards and stakeholder expectations.
- Work across teams to evolve and develop business unit SR strategies, pursue new project opportunities, and track results.
- Develop responsible business guidelines to improve corporate performance in social responsibility, and implement joint action plans with business partners to implement the strategies.
- Develop a close working relationship with all business units, gaining a thorough knowledge of their products and services as well as their operational practices.
- Build strategic third-party relationships to understand stakeholder expectations of Verizon and technology companies.
- Participate in industry associations to understand expectations for responsible business practice and learn from leading companies both within and outside our industry.
- Use insight gained from stakeholder relationships and industry associations to enhance Verizon’s responsible business standards, to help the business units improve their responsible business practices and to identify new shared value solution opportunities.
- Support responses to enterprise RFPs, inquiries from socially responsible investors, and relevant ratings organizations, and questions from employees.
- Serve as an ambassador for Verizon’s social responsibility efforts, periodically representing Verizon at relevant conferences and forums.
- Manage external contractors, as needed.
- Complete special projects and other responsibilities as they emerge and are assigned.
- Work with PR, brand, and communications colleagues to develop appropriate corporate messaging on relevant social responsibility issues and initiatives.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of corporate responsibility best practices and stakeholder expectations.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree.
- Four or more years of progressive experience integrating responsibility into core business practices within a multinational corporation, with a focus on human rights, social issues, and/or supply chain.
- Understanding of the telecommunications industry and Verizon’s strategy and products/services.
- Proven track record influencing leaders and driving change, with ability to work effectively with all levels of management and across departments to achieve mutually beneficial results.
- Experience building effective partnerships with third parties.
- Exceptional project management, collaboration, and oral and written communication skills; experience preparing materials and presenting analyses to senior management.
- Capability to be a big picture thinker, with ability to identify/understand societal trends/challenges and relate them to Verizon’s business, bringing new ideas and perspective to existing practices and processes.
- A self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and able to balance multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- An innate curiosity and a passion for the work and the desire to assist Verizon in enhancing its reputation as a socially responsible corporation.
- A resiliency to persevere in the face of adversity and the spunk to find alternative and creative ways to influence and persuade colleagues regardless of level.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint as well as Google Suite.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.