The Corporate Responsibility (CR) Environmental Coordinator, focusing on Greenhouse Gas (GHG) reduction and resource management within Owned and Operated facilities, is responsible for supporting the implementation of a comprehensive environmental sustainability strategy at PVH across brands, business units and geographies. She/he will support projects for PVH’s five sustainability commitments, with an emphasis on the GHG reduction commitment, as well as the other environmental initiatives and resource management in offices, warehouses/distribution centers, retail stores and our fleet.
Support PVH in the implementation of PVH’s GHG commitment. Projects may include:
- Ongoing programs and projects to reduce PVH’s owned and operated GHG footprint, including energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. This includes:
- Data collection and calculating PVH’s annual Scope 1 and 2 Greenhouse Gas inventory, including updating PVH’s annual facility list
- Tracking energy, GHG and cost savings of operations and remediation activities
- Tracking PVH’s performance against PVH’s GHG Scope 1 and 2 reduction target
- Helping to identify new opportunities across PVH’s portfolio for reduction
- Pursuing local energy rebate and incentive programs
- Tracking progress against PVH’s commitment to the New York Mayor’s Carbon Challenge
- Support in the collection and analysis of data relating to PVH’s upstream and downstream Scope 3 GHG footprint, particularly related to the supply chain and leveraging the Sustainable Apparel Coalition’s Higg Facility Environmental Module
- Research and benchmark GHG performance against peer brands and wholesale customers.
Help drive Owned and Operated Natural Resource Management:
- Develop ideas to engage PVH associates through natural resource management initiatives.
- Research and evaluate sustainability opportunities as they arise to respond to business needs
- Help pursue energy and waste building certifications for PVH’s stores, offices, and distribution centers
- Coordinate PVH’s New York area textile waste recycling program and track textile recycling across the business
- Support the CR team in evaluating opportunities around more sustainable retail stores. Projects may include, benchmarking sustainable stores initiatives across peer brands.
- Write stories for the Thread, PVH’s intranet, to drive excitement around PVH’s environmental sustainability initiatives
- Support PVH in its waste and sustainable packaging initiatives. Projects may include:
- Conducting analysis and summarizing insights additional insights from our global packaging baseline to understand opportunities and progress toward our zero waste to landfill goal
- Helping to scale up carton and polybag sustainability initiatives and tracking progress against zero waste to landfill goal.
Support PVH in delivering against general environmental commitments, including:
- Coordinating environmental team activity calendar, which tracks ongoing projects and communications, industry events, project deadlines and other key deliverables
- Supporting development of internal trainings or communications, including articles on the PVH intranet
- Tracking and reporting environmental impacts and cost savings across environmental CR commitments
- Conducting industry research and peer benchmarking to help enable PVH policies and programs to be comprehensive and competitive.
- Experience: 1 to 3 years. Coursework and/or experience in Sustainability/Corporate Responsibility and/or Business is a plus
- Education: BA/BS
- Strong research, writing, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with local and overseas teams
- Passion for CR and environmental sustainability
- A willingness to learn and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Initiative and ability to work independently, but also within a team
- Strong time-management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with GHG footprinting and/or the Protocol
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.