HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our product and service portfolio of personal systems, printers and 3D printing solutions, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
Efforts to make a sustainable impact on people, the planet and communities are integrated into HP’s business strategy and operations, and have become an increasingly important driver of customer purchasing decisions. HP’s Sustainable Impact efforts helped drive more than US$1 billion in sales wins in 2020 for the second year in a row.
In April of 2021, HP Inc. announced some of the most aggressive and comprehensive climate goals in the technology industry. The commitments highlight the progress the company is making to drive a net zero carbon, fully regenerative economy, reduce its overall environmental footprint, and strengthen its business for the long term to create the most sustainable portfolio of products and solutions in the industry. The measures HP is driving, that build on the strength of its complete list of 2025 goals, are among the most comprehensive climate actions in the technology sector and align with relevant U.N. Sustainable Development Goals.
Achieving these goals will take coordination with and action by teams all across the company. Reporting and transparency are critical tools to reinforce our commitment to climate action and engage key stakeholders in our climate ambition.
In this role, you will work collaboratively take on critical tasks related to climate and other ESG reporting, strategy and policy to enable HP to achieve its 2030 goals and take on the climate crisis and other sustainability challenges. This role will require you to effectively collaborate across a variety of internal teams at HP, develop an in depth understanding key ratings, rankings and reporting channels, and drive clear and consistent messaging across HP and with key stakeholders.
Reporting and ratings/rankings:
- Take a leadership role in driving HP’s annual CDP Carbon, Water and Forest responses and drive climate and other environmental disclosure related to key ESG ratings and rankings
- Manage processes and project teams of subject matter experts to craft submissions for and review of other leading ESG rating and rankings such as DJSI, EcoVadis, Sustainalytics and others
- Feed into HP’s annual Sustainable Impact reporting, with a focus on carbon and water footprinting, climate action and climate goals
Strategy and programs:
- Maintain HP’s internal dashboards and data collection for HP corporate-level Sustainable Impact goals overall and climate action KPIs
- Support HP’s climate office to research and track relevant policy, drive progress on climate action goals, and implement new strategic initiatives
- Monitor and maintain understanding of the evolving policy landscape and climate-related trends, and competitive and market developments - synthesize and share to drive strategic planning
- Contribute to key initiatives under HP’s climate strategy such as renewable energy, climate justice, climate risk, carbon pricing, etc.
Communications and stakeholder engagement:
- Support accurate, timely and compelling responses to ad hoc customer, investor and government requests for information on climate and related topics
- Build and manage relationships with internal teams - facilitate engagement and understanding of HP’s Sustainable Impact and climate action goals
- Cultivate and support engagements with key stakeholder initiatives, coalitions, and partnerships that advance HP climate action goals and related objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in corporate sustainability, sustainability disclosure, climate policy, GHG accounting, and/or climate-related goal setting, program management
- Experience with sustainability and climate change issues
- Working knowledge of ESG ratings and rankings such as CDP, Sustainalytics, DJSI and others
- Familiarity with reporting standards and frameworks such as GRI, SASB and TCFD preferred
- Skills and experience in sustainability goal development, KPI tracking, data analytics and reporting tools (e.g. Power BI)
- Experience delivering projects aligned with large scale corporate goals through influence and collaboration
- Flexible, entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for influencing teams across an organization with indirect authority
- Ability to grow in environments with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and program management skills
Please visit the HP careers website.