Dunstan Allison-Hope, BSR Vice President, Human Rights chats with David Stearns on Human Rights and the Future of Compliance, exploring:
- Why compliance is important and why it deserves its moment in the sun.
- The difference between complying with the spirit of the law and the letter of the law, and some of the issues posed by the double materiality requirements in the ESRS.
- Collectively, whether these rules are up to the task considering the urgent need for action.
- Why the new convergence between human rights due diligence and materiality reporting is noteworthy.
- How companies should address human rights in their materiality reporting.