Aron is recognized globally as a preeminent authority on corporate responsibility and sustainability strategy by business, NGOs, and the public sector.
Under his leadership, BSR has doubled its staff and expanded its global presence, which currently includes offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo. On a day-to-day basis, Aron advises senior executives at more than 250 member companies and other global businesses and is regularly featured as a speaker at major events and in a range of top-tier media outlets. Aron is co-author of the book Sustainable Excellence: The Future of Business in a Fast-Changing World, which spotlights some of the sustainability strategies that drive business success.
Aron joined BSR in 1995 as the founding director of our business and human rights program and opened BSR’s Paris office in 2002, where he worked until assuming his current role as President and CEO in 2004.
Previously Aron practiced law in San Francisco and worked as a journalist at ABC News in New York.
Insights From Aron Cramer
- Ahead of Davos: Predictions for 2015 Miss the Real Story | Jan 20, 2015 | Blog
- Why 2015 Will Be a Crucial Year for Progress | Jan 5, 2015 | Blog
- Leading the Way in Transparency and Transformation | Oct 7, 2014 | Blog
- Climate Week Reflections: Four Reasons for Optimism | Sep 25, 2014 | Blog
- We Mean Business: Showcasing Climate Collaboration at the BSR Paris Forum | May 19, 2014 | Blog
- Two Cheers for Tim Cook: A Score for Shareholders, a Loss for Climate Deniers | Mar 4, 2014 | Blog
- 2014, Act II: Three Telling Questions about Progress | Jan 13, 2014 | Blog
- 2014 in Two Acts: Part I, Paving the Way for International Agreements of 2015 | Jan 13, 2014 | Blog
- Meeting Global Development Goals Requires More Cross-Sector Partnerships | Sep 24, 2013 | Blog
- Reshaping America’s Agenda: Why Business Needs to Lead | Aug 7, 2013 | Blog
- The Power of Networks | Jul 31, 2013 | Blog
- Myanmar at the Crossroads | Jun 11, 2013 | Blog
- Lessons from Rana Plaza: Shocked, But Not Surprised | May 28, 2013 | Blog
- Obama Says ïYes, We CanÍ to Tackling Climate„But What Does That Mean? | Feb 13, 2013 | Blog
- Solving Problems the Civil Society Way | Jan 23, 2013 | Blog
- Davos 2013: The Building Blocks for a Sustainable Future? | Jan 22, 2013 | Blog
- A Second Term for President Obama: Four New Steps for Four More Years | Jan 17, 2013 | Blog
- A Look Ahead: 2013 | Jan 8, 2013 | Blog
- The Winds of Change in Civil Society | Nov 27, 2012 | Blog
- Celebrating 20 Years of Sustainability at BSR Conference 2012 | Oct 23, 2012 | Blog
- Redefining Leadership: The Political Version | Sep 10, 2012 | Blog
- BSR Conference 2011: Opening Remarks by Aron Cramer | Nov 2, 2011 | Reports