Staff | Aron Cramer
President and CEO | San Francisco
Aron is recognized globally as a preeminent authority on corporate responsibility and sustainability strategy by business, NGOs, and the public sector. Under his leadership, BSR has doubled its staff and expanded its global presence, which currently includes offices in Beijing, Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Paris, São Paulo, New York, and San Francisco. On a day-to-day basis, Aron advises senior executives at more than 250 member companies and other global businesses and is regularly featured as a speaker at major events and in a range of top-tier media outlets. Aron is co-author of the book Sustainable Excellence: The Future of Business in a Fast-Changing World, which spotlights some of the sustainability strategies that drive business success.
Aron joined BSR in 1995 as the founding director of our business and human rights program and opened BSR’s Paris office in 2002, where he worked until assuming his current role as President and CEO in 2004.
Previously Aron practiced law in San Francisco and worked as a journalist at ABC News in New York.
- Blog: We Mean Business: Showcasing Climate Collaboration at the BSR Paris Forum
- Blog: Two Cheers for Tim Cook: A Score for Shareholders, a Loss for Climate Deniers
- Blog: 2014, Act II: Three Telling Questions about Progress
- Blog: 2014 in Two Acts: Part I, Paving the Way for International Agreements of 2015
- Blog: Meeting Global Development Goals Requires More Cross-Sector Partnerships