Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale.
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life’s most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
Location: Work is what you do, not where you go. For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in the United States or Canada.
About the opportunity
The Sustainability Senior Manager will play a pivotal role in Ceridian’s high-performing Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability Department. In this position, you’ll join a small but mighty team of seasoned professionals who are committed to driving positive change in Ceridian’s global operations and throughout the communities and countries where its employees live and work. Your primary role will be to lead several of Ceridian’s strategic-level environmental, social, and governance (ESG) initiatives, including its Sustainability function, its global data collection and reporting processes, and the company’s cause advocacy efforts.
As part of your work with key business units from across the organization, you will create and execute carefully designed strategies that drive the company’s performance on material ESG issues, and help Ceridian meet and exceed its intermediate- and long-term objectives. You will also manage a dedicated annual budget to support this work.
The ideal candidate is a subject-matter expert on ESG matters generally and sustainability specifically, and they have the ability to present to and secure approval from senior executives. They also have in-depth experience with conducting rigorous data analysis, developing effective cross-departmental processes, and possess deep experience in project management. Most important, they are collaborative, congenial, proactive, and pay very close attention to detail.
This role has the potential to manage direct reports and provide them leadership coaching, mentoring and career development.
What you’ll get to do
- Serve as the primary liaison with key internal leaders to develop new environmental programs and initiatives to make Ceridian’s operations more sustainable
- Manage an annual Sustainability budget and participate in Ceridian’s annual SRP process.
- Serve as Ceridian’s in-house sustainability data expert and maintain its carbon footprint
- Lead the development of a strategy to effectively reduce Ceridian’s overall environmental footprint—including reductions in GHG emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation
- Guide the internal process for creating, submitting, and verifying various sustainability surveys, assessments, and commitments (e.g., SBTI, TCFD, CDP, S&P Global CSA, EcoVadis, etc.)
- Build and maintain an internal system for collecting all relevant environmental, social and governance (ESG) data from across Ceridian’s global operations
- Handle responses to incoming requests for sustainability data – including from current and prospective customers, investors, and other stakeholder groups
- Lead the development of Ceridian’s annual ESG report and TCFD Index—from first draft to completion.
- Stay up to date on ESG trends—including (but not limited to) human capital; diversity, equity and inclusion; data security and privacy; AI ethics; climate change and the environment; and corporate reporting and disclosure
- Actively monitor developments in public policy in countries and regions where Ceridian has a physical presence (including in North America, APAC, and EMEA)
- Identify opportunities for Ceridian to contribute its voice to causes and movements that Make Work Life Better, promote social justice, and advance equity for underrepresented and marginalized communities
- Develop partnerships with key NGOs and stakeholder groups, and provide guidance on associations and coalitions that Ceridian should join
What’s in it for you
- Encouragement to be the best version of yourself at and away from work:
- YOUnity diversity and inclusion programs
- Amazing time away from work programs
- Support for your total well-being through our Live Well, Work Well programs targeting all aspects of your life
- Rcognition for your contributions through excellent pay, perks, and rewards
- Giving where you’re living: volunteer days, Ceridian sponsored events, and our very own charity, Ceridian Cares
- Opportunities to fuel your career growth through numerous internal and external programs and events
Skills and experience we value
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public policy, communications, sustainability, or relevant field, and Master’s degree in sustainability or a related discipline
- Minimum 8 years of experience in project plan development, management & implementation of strategic initiatives
- Minimum 6 years of experience on an organization’s sustainability team, including involvement in its reporting processes
- Fluency in ESG issues and a strong understanding of key organizations (e.g. SASB/ISSB, GRI, CDP, WRI, etc.) and the concepts/guidance associated with each (e.g. GHG Protocol, Aqueduct Water Risk Atlas, etc.). Carbon accounting is key to being successful in this role.
- Previous management experience is a strong asset. Relevant experience in the private sector or at a private sector-facing organization is highly preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, including developing and delivering compelling presentations
- Ability to conduct data analysis and summarize findings, with expert level experience in PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong business acumen with a focus on achieving, tracking, and measuring results
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, adaptable and resourceful, and thrives in a dynamic environment
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, ability to manage and deliver against tight timelines and oversee several projects simultaneously, and a high attention to detail
- Ability to manage budgetary, financial, and expense-related tasks.