Annie’s Operating Unit:
Headquartered in Berkeley, CA, the Annie’s Operating Unit (OU) (a Division of General Mills) includes the following brands: Annie’s, EPIC, Cascadian Farm, and Muir Glen. These natural and organic brands are growing and widely recognized, offering consumers great-tasting products in packaged food categories.
Our brands are mission-driven and committed to the triple-bottom-line, with an open and honest corporate culture. We are focused on building a successful and growing business in pursuit of our mission. We strive to be a responsible company that evaluates our success not only through financial measures, but also through our social and environmental impacts.
The Annie’s Operating Unit (OU) is seeking a Sustainability Senior Analyst who will play a key role in leading and supporting our food and farm-focused supply chain sustainability programs, and assessment and integration activities within our Farm to Yum framework. In the Annie’s OU, the sustainability team plays a critical role by setting strategy and goals, evaluating and assessing outcomes against the strategy and goals, and collaborating with internal teams and external stakeholders to provide substantiated and meaningful data about the brands’ sustainability efforts. The Sustainability Senior Analyst reports to the Annie’s OU head of Sustainability and will collaborate internally across the Annie’s OU and General Mills, as well as with external stakeholders such as suppliers, consultants, and vendors.
- Lead and support projects aligned with our regenerative agriculture and sustainable ingredient sourcing strategy. Identify opportunities within General Mills and through external engagement to improve food and farming connections.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to evaluate and assess performance against sustainability strategies and goals across the Farm to Yum
- Lead and support reporting of sustainability metrics, data, and analysis, as currently defined and aligned with best practices (e.g. Sustainable Food Trade Association).
- Identify and lead initiatives that enable cross-functional teams to integrate sustainability objectives and priorities and drive continuous improvement.
- Conduct technical research and analysis on sustainability-related topics, with a focus on food and farming, and specific emphasis on integrated livestock management systems; communicate technical research to internal teams to enable action internally and externally.
- Develop communication materials for internal and external audiences and be able to present at conferences and workshops on sustainability topics.
- Serve as brand liaison for EPIC, leveraging the OU sustainability approach, and identifying opportunities to expand their efforts, in particular with regenerative livestock practices.
- Provide content expertise and thought leadership to internal and external stakeholders on sustainability issues, helping position our OU as an industry leader.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience, with preferred experience working on corporate responsibility/sustainability issues within a consumer products company or as an advisor/consultant.
- Ability to influence and to work cross-functionally in support of sustainability team objectives and goals.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and outstanding relationship building skills at all levels inside and outside the organization, including senior executives, vendors, and suppliers.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills, problem-solving, and ability to assess the quality of others’ work, particularly quantitative work.
- Results oriented with an ability to operate multiple projects. A self-starter with superior organizational skills.
- Demonstrated business and financial analysis skills, and proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Demonstrated industry experience within the organic/natural industry for consumer goods. Familiarity with industry research and trends, and ability to distill substantial and complex data into key insights and relevant takeaways.
- Subject matter expertise in food and farming; experience in livestock management systems.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and effectively manage and meet multiple, simultaneous deadlines with minimum assistance while maintaining a sense of humor.