The Responsible Sourcing (RS) Senior Manager is responsible for managing social and environmental due diligence strategy and procedures in Keurig Dr Pepper’s appliances global supply chain. This role will be based in Burlington, MA, reports into KDP’s Singapore-based Supply Chain Senior Director, and has direct responsibility for a team member in Shenzhen, China.
What you will do:
- Implement the RS elements of KDP’s Supplier Performance Management (SPM) program, including risk assessment, supplier scorecard data, prospective supplier evaluation and qualification, etc.
- Develop and execute annual risk-based audit plan for appliance supply chain. Involves management of third party supplier audits, the development and implementation of corrective action plans with suppliers to drive finding closure, internal stakeholder management and issue escalation, etc.
- Regularly report progress on established key performance indicators to senior management with the Appliances Business Unit (ABU) and KDP Corporate Sustainability.
- Provide thought leadership to drive the evolution of the Responsible Sourcing strategy, alignment of critical objectives with ABU leadership and key enterprise stakeholders, and cascade through the Supply Chain organization into our extended supply base.
- Lead the annual conflict minerals due diligence and SEC-required reporting process
- Support the Sales and Sustainability teams in responding to customer requests for audits and survey responses regarding KDP’s supply chain
- Represent KDP in Responsible Business Alliance (RBA) and Responsible Minerals Initiative (RMI) membership via workgroup participation, attending member meetings, etc. Leverage the RBA to advance Keurig’s sustainability agenda with suppliers.
- Drive the integration of the RS program’s processes and goals within the ABU through the development and coordination of trainings for KDP employees
- Develop and implement training and capability building projects with suppliers, to drive improvement in social/environmental performance
- Perform any additional due diligence needed to meet regulatory requirements – such as the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act, Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA), etc. Provide data to Sustainability team for disclosure drafting/reporting.
- Contribute to the annual Corporate Responsibility report as the Subject Matter Expert for ABU related content.
- Manage collection of various information requests from suppliers including annual Responsible Sourcing Supplier Guideline sign-off.
When applying, providing a cover letter is strongly suggested and appreciated.
What you must have:
- Education: A degree in a relevant course of study preferred (Social Sciences, Business Administration – especially with a Supply Chain focus, International Relations, Sustainable Development); graduate degree in related field also preferred
- Work Experience:
- 5-10 years’ experience focused on environment, labor and/or health & safety in a multinational company, NGO, government, or multi-lateral organization.
- Exposure to and/or direct professional experience in auditing for social and environmental compliance
- Experience or high level of familiarity with the appliance manufacturing industry and social/environmental standards (i.e. RBA (formerly EICC), ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, RoHs, SA8000, SMETA, BSCI)
- Leadership skills: Effective leadership and stakeholder management skills at all levels of the organization
- Project skills: Exceptional project management and organizational skills, ability to set and meet deadlines and to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Personal skills: Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural relationship skills; ability to relate to, understand, and work with diverse individuals across business units and geographies, ranging from supplier facility management staff and operators to quality engineers and procurement professionals
- Communication/Language skills: Strong written and oral communication in English, Chinese a plus
- Computer skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Travel: Ability to travel domestically and to the Asia region (estimate 20% time)
- Working Hours: Ability to work in the evenings ~3 nights per week on conference calls with Asia based suppliers and colleagues
Company Overview & EEO Statement
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.