The Social Responsibility program drives customer trust and business continuity by ensuring respect for the rights of workers throughout Amazon’s supply chain and operations. We uphold company standards and expectations (such as Amazon’s Supply Chain Standards), and seek to constantly improve the tools and processes that we use in doing so.
We are looking for an Operations Program Manager to support the day-to-day execution of the multiple forms of assessments that we deploy to assess working conditions at Amazon suppliers and partners. The program manager will be part of a team managing current processes, developing and implementing new solutions and processes with an eye toward automation and efficiency. The Operations Program Manager will support the day to day operations of the Social Responsibility program and partner with other teams and across Amazon to drive critical initiatives.
- Support day to day operations of the SR program;
- Identify and research operational opportunities (tools, resources, process gaps) and write project proposals/white papers;
- Analyze data to track trends and initiating deep dives to detect opportunities;
- Coordinate with multiple Amazon businesses and functions, as well as third-party audit firms and suppliers;
- Develop and improve project and program management processes, prioritizing ways to leverage technology and automate;
- Create operational metrics and business reporting;
- Innovate with regard to data collection and analysis, methodologies, and technology;
- Work closely with the global Social Responsibility program team to ingest and analyze data; and
- Develop mechanisms to uphold Amazon policies and standards, e.g. standard operating procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- 5+ years of experience working in operations, social responsibility, or compliance;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proven written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to analyze and propose data-driven solutions;
- Proven knowledge of business reporting;
- Ability to prioritize effectively to manage multiple, changing priorities; and
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Background in program/project management, supply chain operations, and/or logistics;
- Understanding of Lean techniques such as Six Sigma;
- Experience with workflow management systems;
- Knowledge of SQL or Tableau;
- Ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced environment; and
- Ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems; identifying customer needs and inventing new and efficient ways to meet those needs.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation