McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us. From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we’re excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It’s set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
High-Level Job Summary
McDonald’s Global Impact team is aligned around a mission to make McDonald’s one of the most respected, trusted, and admired brands in the world. We will do this through actions to drive responsible business growth, investments to champion community, values-based advocacy, and compelling communications that matter to our customers, our System and our global partners. Read more about our Purpose & Impact here. The Manager–Human Rights position on Global Impact’s Sustainability & ESG team will help to shape, operationalize and communicate McDonald’s human rights strategy through collaboration with internal and external partners on existing and emerging human rights issues. Read more about our existing human rights work in our company and restaurants here, and our supply chain here.
- Evolve and operationalize McDonald’s human rights strategy at scale with key internal partners, including coordinating the McDonald’s cross-functional Human Rights Working Group.
- Support partner functions (e.g. Global People, Global Supply Chain, Legal) in exploring and designing ways to further embed respect for human rights within the business, such as enhanced due diligence models, social compliance tools, internal monitoring, and remediation.
- Find opportunities for external stakeholder advisors / partners on human rights; collaborate closely and strengthen relationships with external specialists and multi-stakeholder groups, using key 3rd party events and amplifying McDonald’s actions and opportunities.
- Manage annual human rights reporting, disclosure and communications inquiries, as needed, including identifying potential for expanded KPI tracking and connections to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, etc.
- Support internal teams in assessing human rights risks, implications and positive impact opportunities with new business partners and 3rd parties, e.g. M&A, Marketing, Technology, Delivery, and more.
- Extensive experience working in human-rights, ideally for a global company;
- Exceptional communication, flexibility, influencing and social skills, often working with global, virtual and cross-functional teams;
- Project management expertise with strong data analysis skills and experience building strong working relationships and driving continuous improvement across multiple markets/product categories;
- Confirmed leadership role, within industry working groups, establishing a strong partner network;
- A global mind-set and positive, collaborative spirit;
- Additional languages a benefit;
- Advanced degree in sustainability, business, and human rights, such as an MBA or Masters in Sustainability, or JD with human rights law experience is preferred.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.