The Walt Disney Company’s International Labor Standards Program (“ILS Program”) seeks to foster safe, inclusive and respectful workplaces wherever Disney-branded products are produced. The ILS Program is an important component of The Walt Disney Company’s social responsibility and responsible supply chain efforts.
The ILS Audit Analysis team is responsible for the determining whether a facility should be authorized to produce Disney product and whether corrective actions have taken place in a way that meets the Disney Code of Conduct for Manufacturers.
The Manager, Audit Analysis, reports to the Director of Operations. This role requires strong work ethic with uncompromising integrity; a high level of working knowledge in the social compliance field; strong communication skills (both verbal and written) in an international business setting; the ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities while achieving high level results; intermediate to high proficiency with Microsoft Office; the ability to look at fine details and accurately extract salient points from large amount of information; hands-on experience and proven effectiveness in managing processes and leading a team of up to 15 professional staff; the ability to provide the appropriate level of guidance while maintaining processes at optimal efficiency; excellent interpersonal skills; exceptional leadership skills and the capacity to flex and adapt in a dynamic working environment.
This role is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations that are carried out by a team of 12-15 professional staff who are responsible for analyzing facility audit results (or the equivalent) and performing other audit review related functions. This position has 5 direct reports, of whom 3 are people managers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Effectively manages the performance of the team, directly and indirectly
- Recognizes opportunities for continuous process improvement
- Develops/updates and executes ILS operational policies and procedures
- Supports and encourages learning and development
- Provides technical guidance to own team, and members of other ILS teams as appropriate
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resources and operational challenges
- Maintains and balances workload of own team and work of other service centers to maximize capacity
- Be a thought-partner and a subject matter expert in support of ILS Leadership Team
- A minimum of 10 years work experience, with at least 3 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs – Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively in an international business setting where English is the primary language.
- A minimum of 10 years work experience with 5 years in manufacturing management, supplier management or social compliance auditing with multinational corporations.
- At least 4 years in managing processes and leading large teams of 10 or more professional staff.
- Intermediate proficiency of a second language a plus.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in overseeing complex processes.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership skills and the ability to create a positive, collaborative culture.
- Professional certification or training in social-labor compliance or related fields, e.g., SA8000 certified auditor,
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, Lean Manufacturing Certification/Lean Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field, or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field such as Public Policy, International Studies, Business Management or Manufacturing
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.