Since 1818, Bunge has been connecting farmers to consumers to deliver essential food, feed, and fuel to the world. Our sustainability commitments are guided by activities across three core pillars: Action on Climate, Responsible Supply Chains and Accountability. These pillars drive the day-to-day business decisions we make across our operations. We aim to create positive environmental and social impact everywhere we have presence around the world, reflecting the Bunge value of doing what’s right by acting safely, ethically and sustainably.
At Bunge, people don’t just come here to work, they come here to grow – solving challenges that directly impact the world with a diverse team of thinkers and doers. Bunge offers a strong compensation and benefits package, generous paid time off program, flexible work arrangements, and opportunity to progress. Our hybrid work environment provides a balance of in office and remote work. Most importantly, in all we do we live our values:
- Act as One Team by fostering inclusion, collaboration, and respect
- Drive for Excellence by being agile, innovative and efficient
- Do What’s Right by acting safely, ethically, and sustainably
Reporting to the Chief Sustainability Officer and Government Affairs, the Human Rights Director will drive the design and execution of Bunge’s global strategy for shaping and advancing human rights.
This position may be based in our global HQ in Chesterfield, MO, Washington, DC, Geneva or Brussels.
- Design, implement and track Bunge’s global Human Rights policies and programs
- Serve as strategic thought leader for Human Right including assessing which markets pose a potential high risk to our business, advise and shape action plans with our business leaders
- Drive innovative solutions to challenging problems with a well-reasoned and solution-oriented vision, grounded in practical roadmaps
- Maintain solid understanding of Human Rights issues, trends of key interest to Bunge’s internal and external stakeholders, executing human rights assessments and advising business leaders and peers on risks and opportunities
- Develop Human Rights report framework including KPIs to identify opportunities, minimize risks and implement technology to enhance human rights performance
- Establish Bunge capability development in Human Rights with training content including providing tactical and strategic support for business teams across Bunge in embedding respect for human rights into their everyday activities and decision-making
- Bachelor’s Degree in human rights, law, public policy, engineering, ethics, economics, or related field required; Advanced degree, J.D., MBA preferred
- 15+ years of experience in business and human rights, social impact, corporate social responsibility, sustainable development, social justice, and/or related field.
- Prior experience working on human rights within a corporate environment
- Strong partnership and influencing skills with multiple areas including government affairs, legal, human resources, sustainability, commercial, procurement, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels
- Demonstrated experience in developing effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to travel as required
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 23,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Please visit the Bunge careers website.