Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become Head of Sustainability at Edison International (EIX) and build a better tomorrow. In this job you will report to SVP of Strategy, Corporate Develoment and Sustability and provide leadership, guidance, and innovative solutions to internal and external stakeholders to support and accelerate EIX’s sustainability strategy, goals and programs. You will be responsible for developing, shaping, aligning and implementing Company’s overall sustainability strategy, goals and programs, including developing and monitoring the company’s sustainability goals, development of the Company’s internal and external sustainability programs in conjunction with Operating Unit (OU) leaders & OU teams, oversight of the preparation and publication of the annual Sustainability Report and engaging with key external stakeholders on these issues. You will also serve as the company’s subject matter expert on sustainability.
As Head of Sustainability, you will help Edison lead the transformation of the electric industry and combat climate change by powering our planet with clean enregy, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and creating cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life-Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Develop, implement and execute our sustainability strategy that positions us as the industry leader in clean energy and electrification.
- Develop, maintain, and educate internal and external stakeholders about our sustainability framework.
- Enhance the integration of our sustainability approach with our corporate strategy, risk management and company operations.
- Collaborate and review internal sustainability goals and plans across our operating units and influence a stronger commitment to sustainability in plans and programs for the company.
- Collaboratively lead, develop, and provide timely, useful, and accurate ESG data to stakeholders, particularly investors.
- Engage with organizations that provide sustainability ratings and rankings.
- Develop and publish the annual Sustainability Report.
- Serve as the Company’s spokesperson for Edison International’s sustainability approach.
- Manage team goals, performance, training, safety, conduct and work environment.
- Establish and maintain core governance factors in decision-making, policymaking, roles, and responsibilities of internal sustainability stakeholders, and reporting.
- Seven or more years of combined leadership and project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading corporate sustainability programs.
- Knowledge of sustainability frameworks, methodologies, ratings, and reporting requirements and GHG accounting frameworks and metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, public policy or related discipline
- Proven strategic thinking in the sustainability space and professional achievements in sustainability responsibilities.
- External engagement experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and lead large, complex projects.
- Experience working across multiple disciplines with technical understanding and strong aptitude.
- Ability to influence individuals at all levels of the organization and external constituents.
You should know…
Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined, this position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage. Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more! Relocation may apply. About Edison International
The people at EIX don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At EIX, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At EIX, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.