Our vision, a digital world you can always trust, is essential to achieving just and sustainable societies. At Fortinet, we believe it is our corporate social responsibility to deliver on that vision by innovating sustainable security technologies, diversifying cybersecurity talent, and promoting responsible business across our value chain.
Fortinet is seeking an ESG (Environment Social and Governance) Performance Specialist to join its Corporate Social responsibility (CSR) team for monitoring Fortinet’s sustainability performance and managing reporting and external disclosure.
In this role, you will be responsible for consolidating and analyzing internal ESG data in view of internal reporting to management and providing recommendations for sustainability performance improvement. You will also manage the external reporting strategy and execution, interfacing with third parties on ESG assessment requests and supporting the internal business units in their needs for sustainability data. You will also be in charge of the development and publication of Fortinet’s annual sustainability report.
You have expertise in reporting standards and frameworks as well as a good understanding of the various regulations related to sustainability, both existing and emerging ones. You turn reported data into valuable proof points and messaging that support Fortinet’s CSR ambition and you help convey it to our internal and external stakeholders.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of our reporting strategy, including definition of key performance indicators, and establishing annual calendar of sustainability disclosure with selected extra-financial ratings and rankings.
- Manage third-party relationships and ESG assessment requests from rating agencies and organizations like ISS, MSCI, S&P, Sustainalytics, CDP, Ecovadis, etc. by answering questionnaires. Analyze results and provide recommendations to feed our improvement plans.
- Plan, develop and publish Fortinet’s annual sustainability report, including an ESG reporting table based on prioritized frameworks (SASB, GRI, TCFD, etc). Be the interface to the external agency supporting the project and to the internal communication and branding teams.
- Engage with functional issue owners within the different business units to help measure and report on progress against set objectives. Turn sets of data into meaningful insights, create dashboards and provide reports for internal consumption
- Collect and analyze ESG data and identify opportunities for improving our sustainability performance by providing recommendations on adjustments to programs and practices of the business. Monitor progress against Fortinet’s CSR ambition and goals, identify potential gaps.
- Watch the evolution of the regulatory landscape around sustainability and extra-financial disclosure, and understand how it impacts disclosure and reporting. Respond to calls for consultation.
- Ensure accurate, consistent and timely disclosure of sustainability-related data and content internally, including on intranet and RFP library, and externally.
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position on corporate side or with consulting firm or investor
- Master degree in relevant field - such as sustainability, business, or finance - required
- Hands-on experience with reporting standards and frameworks such as CDP, GRI, TCFD, SBTi and UNGC.
- Familiar with ESG assessments and ratings such as Ecovadis, MSCI, ISS, Sustainalytics, S&P, etc.
- Previous experience in analyzing ESG risks & opportunities to help provide a multi-year performance improvement plan using a data driven approach.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills with ability of compiling data from various sources to draw macro insights while keeping great attention to details.
- Team player capable of engaging and collaborating cross-functionally, with internal and external management and stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills with ability to clearly communicate on results/data.
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently under tight deadlines and adjust priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Self-driven with project management skills and can-do attitude.
To apply, please visit Fortinet’s Careers website.