The ESG Analyst will fill a new role to spearhead the company’s ESG strategy, disclosures, and reporting. This position is integral to continue establishing Williams-Sonoma, Inc. as the leading sustainable home furnishings company, building off the company’s recognition as one of Barron’s 100 Most Sustainable Companies. This role is highly cross-functional, and the ideal candidate will need to build strong relationships, be comfortable with a wide range of responsibilities from crafting narratives to analyzing data, remain undeterred in the face of obstacles, problem-solve, and know how to navigate and influence within a large and complex organization. The analyst will work directly with the head of sustainability and cross-functional partners to drive continued disclosure and reporting that convey the organization’s leadership across material ESG factors. Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with corporate communications, investor relations, and legal partners to develop the company’s ongoing ESG strategy and workplan.
- Coordinate, alongside the sustainability team, the company’s key ESG and Sustainability disclosures including the annual Corporate Responsibility Report and updates to the Corporate Responsibility website, Proxy (ESG content), CDP reporting, alignment with SASB, TCFD, GRI, UN SDGs, and other relevant non-financial disclosures.
- Aggregate content from various cross-functional teams around the company’s sustainability and equity programs and weave into narrative and disclosures that reflect the impact of the company’s commitments through an investor lens.
- Manage the prioritization and completion of ESG surveys and questionnaires from third parties, including investors, rating agencies, customers and others.
- Support the management of the cross-functional ESG working group and third-party partners.
- Follow industry trends, best practices, emerging regulations, and competitor’s initiatives to inform ongoing strategy and disclosures and keep cross-functional stakeholders informed.
- Oversee ESG data management, verification and assurance, including identifying key ESG metrics and key performance indicators and engaging content owners and subject matter experts to collect, store and validate ESG information.
- Coordinate meetings, compile information, support benchmarking and other related activities
- Track and monitor the progress of the organization’s ESG strategy
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in corporate ESG or Sustainability role with additional experience in disclosure and reporting
- A Bachelors’ degree (required) and Masters (preferred) in relevant fields including Sustainability Management, Environmental Studies, etc.
- Strong understanding of ESG and Sustainability issues and associated market trends, preferably in the retail sector
- Demonstrated expertise and experience utilizing ESG and Sustainability frameworks (e.g., GRI, SASB, CDP, TCFD) and familiarity with process and expectations of major ratings agencies (i.e. ISS, Sustainalytics, MSCI, DJSI, etc.)
- Experience with CDP disclosure strongly preferred
- Strong project management experience, including the ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent technical, analytical, data analysis, writing, and presentation skills
- Highly organized, great attention to detail, follow through, and communication skills.
- Strong cross-cultural and cross-functional communication skills and a track record of successful collaboration with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Commitment to social and environmental impact and passion for using business as a force for good.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.